Ch. 18 New Leader part 2

Vixen's P.O.V.

RECAP: I lifted my sword and charged the beast. I could hear Aiden shout my name, but I didn't dare look back. This was my fight and he didn't need to be involved. The Lycan tried to slash me with his claws, but I twirled in the air and cut a gagging wound up to its elbow.

It screamed in pain, and backed up. Bet this sucker didn't know that I could kick its sorry butt back to Hell! I ran to the back of his legs and slashed his main tendons. He beast dropped to it knees. Blood squirted from the wounds and it howls of pain shook the very forest.

***************************************************************

While it was down, I sprinted towards its massive chest. I raised my sword and jumped up to remove its head. With luck on my side, I cut into it so deep its head dropped to the ground in front of me. The body fell forward with a sickening thump. Blood pooled on the ground, red and thick. I stood there glaring with all my hatred at the dislocated head of the Lycan. Its eyes were still open and their glow slowly faded.

Panting, I grabbed it and walked back to Aiden and his Beta. They seemed frozen and their eyes were glued to my prize. I walked a little past them and walked back to the pack house. Bloody and carrying a giant Lycan head in both hands got me a lot of attention. Pack members looked at me in awe and some with disgust.

Aiden was right behind me and struggled to keep up. I just fought a Lycan and I'm not that slow. I smirk, seems big bad Alpha is an little old lady in disguise.

I stood in front of them all and shouted " YOUR WELCOME! TAKES A GIRL TO DO A MAN'S JOB!" I drooped the head on the porch and went inside to get cleaned. Everyone looked at me like I had gone crazy, but I was tired and smelled horrible.

Aiden's face was the last thing I saw before I shut the door.

Kick- butt ninja saves the day again.

Aiden's P.O.V.

I have never felt so much a coward. Vixen could have got injured, but I just stood there gaping. Vixen, with her mighty strength, took down the extremely large Lycan with what seemed like little effort. I was starting to feel like I was not worthy of her love. She could do so much better than me. I was just a newly labeled Alpha with mommy issues.

Here, I stair at my beloved's retreating figure. Her clothes bloody and showing confidence with each movement of her body.

She is strong. We think with our heart and show mercy. A prefect match., says my wolf.

But......I am an Alpha. We are suppose to be strong, not the other way around., I answer.

Fool. Mate should be strong. Luna has been through so much pain. Our job is to show her that she will never be alone. Love her, and that is the best way to protect her. The rest will solve its self with time., He said in my mind.

But, my pride kept me from seeing the real picture. I was pathetic, useless, and I was suppose to be the protector. I know I'm being a little sexist, but that was how I see it. I was leader and so she was to do as I say. Its not my fault that she just wouldn't listen to reason. I walked around the bloody head and I walked into the house on a mission. I was going to make her see that I was the one that was ment to protect her. That was my job not hers.

Vixen's P.O.V.

I was in the shower soaping up my hair with horrible smelly stuff, when I heard the front door open. Aiden was coming to look for me, and he better not come in here. I heard him call my name, but I didn't answer.

Then when the bathroom door opened, I yelled," YOU BETTER GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I COME OUT OF HERE! I am taking a shower and you aren't invited!"

Aiden didn't seem to be listening or most likely he didn't care. He made himself comfortable by sitting on the sink. Angry, I poked my head out from behind the curtain to send him a glare. His face was emotionless, but his eyes betrayed his desire.

"What is it?", I asked.

He shook his head sand then looked at me in the eyes.

"Vixen, I don't want you to do that again. No more running off to save the day. Your life isn't worth risking for others.", he said with emotion.

I could have laughed in his face. He was trying to tell me what to do, though he himself couldn't fight. Was he trying to show that he was stupid? I was my right to risk my life for anyone that I wanted to risk it for.

"Aiden, you are not going to tell me what to do. I have been a rogue for most of my life, and you can't change me. I can't be tamed. I have every right to kick some butt if I want to. You can't fight, you are naïve in battler.", I said ducking back in to rinse my hair.

"Love, I can't let you do that. I care to much for you and I will not stand by and let you get yourself killed. You're my mate, Vixen. I will find a way to get you to relies that."

That statement killed my love for him. He WAS going to control me and how I would behave. What's next, trying to control how I thought?! No, that is so not happen 'in!

I turned off the water, and grabbed my towel. I stepped out covered by it, and walked past Aiden without even a glance.

I wasn't going to speak to him until he got some sense.

I don't play by the rules.

Bad doggy, and for that he doesn't get a bone.

Aiden's P.O.V.(Two days latter)

That went really bad. I'm officially in the dog house(no pun intended) with Vixen. She hasn't even looked at me or spoken a signal word. I know she will not back down, but I can't stand this. I am so screwed.

When I walked through the kitten, Vixen stood there with Marcus. She was laughing with him over something. This made my wolf growl in jealously. She was flirting with an omega.

When she saw me, she grabbed his hand and they walked away. I was so angry.

I would get her back. I will not stand for this any longer.

Damn that woman and her beautiful mind.

Tonight, I would get her back in my arms if it was the last thing I do.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Vote and Comment!