3. Somebody Somewhere

(A/N) This chapter I dedicate to a real life friend whom I absolutely adore. She was one of the first to read my story and believe in me <3 I love you so much <3

 She was one of the first to read my story and believe in me <3 I love you so much <3

Tessa hummed along to a Beatles song playing in her head. She walked with purpose, taking long strides. Her excitement radiated through her body

VISITORS. That one word repeated, like a broken record, in her mind.

This could change everything.

Every male in town had been insufferable to her. They had all grown up together. She knew all their secrets, hopes, and dreams. None of them held her interest, let alone a simple conversation with her. They all had the same attitude and personality.

Boring boring boring.

But now...now there was a new possibility.

A nervous excitement started to bubble up in Tessa's chest. She pulled her hand over her heart and tried to calm herself. She forced her legs to lurch forward, the anticipation causing her to quicken her pace once more.

"Would you two hurry? I'd like to make it to town before it's too late." Tessa said not letting her eyes travel back.

*****************

Adelina rolled her eyes at Tessa and she let her eyes drift to Daniel.  His eyes were distant and focused up towards the sky. The sun made them appear a lighter shade of brown than they were. The silence wasn't strange to her and normally she enjoyed peaceful walks, but she worried. She let her feet come to a halt and her eyes focused on Daniel, as she hooked her arm in his.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Daniel said his eyes began to shift side to side. He looked down at her and a warm smile spread across his face but didn't reach his eyes.

He would tell her when he was ready, she thought. 

The dust kicked up from the dry autumn air while they walked ahead. Adelina's eyes began to water as she coughed. Her slender fingers drifted to her cheek and wiped the tears away. She wanted to blame the trust, but her heart had been heavy with all the emotions of the day. Everyone around her was acting aloof. She tried to push her feelings down and out of her mind, but struggled.

Out of sight, out of mind..if only.

Adelina let her eyes focus on the beauty of the land before her in order to distract herself from those poisonous thoughts. Her eyes lifted up towards the sky and watched the leaves fall around her as the wind blew. The leaves danced swirling around before falling as they fell to the ground.She took a deep breath and let the smell of fresh pine and clover fill her lungs. The smells filled her lungs with every breath and began to calm her nerves.

She took advantage of the silence from her sister and Daniel. The sounds around her seeped into to her ears. The forest around her played a melodic tune, a symphony to anyone who listened. The rush of water coming off of the rivers close by, birds whistling to let others know they were near, and of course the sound of the wind whistling through the tree's.