21. If I Had A Heart I Could Love You.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Asmund asked as they arrived to her room

"Why do you even care? You know what, don't answer that. Frankly, I don't care. I just want to be left alone. Okay?" She stopped him before he could enter her room.

"I... well, okay. I'm here if you do need to talk. I know you must hate me, and even more so now, but still. I want you to know that I didn't know what Falentine had planned tonight." He said while looking straight into her eyes. "If I had known, I would have said something.."

"You would have said something? Hilarious. You follow every single command Falentine throws your way. You all kidnapped me and pulled me away from everything I love. You use every single moment to torture me and make my life misery. But yeah sure, I believe you really would have said something. Would you have told him how 'inappropriate' he was acting?" Adelina was beginning to laugh hysterically.

"I would have done something." Asmund said with an assuring tone.

"So if you're ready to really do something, why don't you get my family and I out of here? That surely would be doing something."

"You know I can't do that."

"Exactly. So please don't act like you care about me, my family, or what happens to any of us. Don't pretend. I don't want your false hope. I don't want any of it. So if you could just leave me alone and let me be miserable by myself that is what you can do to 'help' me." Adelina said, glaring at Asmund.

"If you would just let me explain, Adelina. Just listen to me for a moment." Asmund pleaded.

"No. I stand by what I said. I don't care. Get out."

She turned her back on Asmund and began to head towards the bathroom when suddenly she felt arms tightly grasping her. Within seconds, her small frame was pushed up against with Asmund breathing roughly in her face. Her eyes widened with fear as she noticed his fangs protruding out of his mouth.

"Stop testing me, Adelina." He said while he let a finger brush against her cheek, his other hand still held her waist to the wall.

"You will listen to me whether you like it or not," He said while grabbing a lock of her hair. His demon was coming through now, not able to be controlled.

"How dare you!" Adelina said. Asmund trailed his hand along her chin before resting on her lips. They quivered in fear, as she had never seen him like this.

"Shh,"he said as he stroked her chin. He licked his lips and Adelina tried to push her body farther against the wall. Asmund stood there staring into her eyes a moment before he leaned his head down and let his lips connect with hers. His kiss was gentle, yet demanding. His hands began to caress her chin as he let out a soft moan. Adelina tried to push herself away but Asmund just deepened the kiss as she struggled, letting a growl escape his lips.

Adelina's eyes widened even further as she let out a gasp. After what felt like a eternity, Asmund lifted his head away from her, but stared at her swollen lips for a moment longer.