38. Don't Listen When I scream

Adelina calmed herself remembering her training. She focused on the heat at her core and began to pull  it out till a small ball trailed down her arm and into her hand. She focused on pushing it forward towards Asmund who smirked down at her.

"There will be none of that." Another familiar voice echoed behind her. Falentine stepped out from behind Adelina and placed himself right beside Asmund.

Adelina felt a cold shock around her neck as her light fizzled out onto the ground. A loud click echoed down the valley and through the trees. 

"What..." She stammered as she swayed, dizziness setting in. Her body shook as the cold began to take place of the warmth she had moments prior. 

"We can't have you using that against us now can we?" Falentine chuckled. "This little device is fun. It'll prevent you from doing anything unnecessary."

Asmund stepped closer, the same smirk still on his perfectly chiseled face. He grasped at Adelina, trying to pull her into his broad chest. She threw herself down and used all her force to throw him onto the ground. A thud shook the ground and a curse bounced out of his mouth.  Adelina used the momentum she had built and took off the direction of the forest.  Her body lurched forward as she felt a pair of cold hands grasping her arms.

"Looks like you picked up some new skills, my love. " Asmund chuckled as he moved closer towards her again. Adelina crouched ready to pounce if he dared touch her again. "Fiesty I see. So much different from the passive girl I met many moons ago." A cold wind swept by her as Asmund was beside her. He whispered into her "I also heard today was a big day for you, but you don't seem to be dressed for the occasion. Seeing you in this lovely nightgown, though, is quite the sight I'll admit." His smile not reaching his eyes. Adelina glared at Asmund, silence resonated off the valley now. 

"Do we get our reward." The couple spoke up as everyone turned to face them.

"Of course! We are men of our word are we not?" Falentine nodded towards the woods as a small group appeared. Adelina felt her heart stutter as the three men who had invaded her home so long ago stepped out with Taavi following in step behind them They strutted towards the couple as the couple backed into the woods.

"We'll just go. We don't need anything." The woman turned on her heels and sprinted towards the forest.  The man followed but within a moment they were both in their grasp. Taavi lifted the female up off the ground and laughed.
"How's this for a reward." Her feet kicking as her eyes buldged in fear. Adelina closed her eyes but nothing could stop the sound of screams invading her ears. She heaved forward and her stomach contents soon decorated the ground.

"How's that for a reward." Asmund laughed into Adeline ears as tears stung her eyes. She heaved and coughed before she fell onto the ground. 

Asmund leaned down beside her and her eyes met his. They were icy blue no warmth reached them. "You're ours Adelina. You'll always be ours." 

"You let  me go." She whispered. "You were the one who let me go." She pleaded silently with Asmund hoping he would see some sort of reason.

"And that was a mistake that won't happen again." Valentines voice startled Adelina.  " A lot of mistakes were made and we've all learned from them. We won't let that happen again." 

"I won't go quietly." She lifted her chin towards Falentine.

"You're going to only make this harder on yourself." Taavi spoke this time as he moved towards them and the three guards followed. Blood dripped down their chins. Their clothes were stained with blood. "And your poor parents."

"Their alive?" Adelina's chest bubbled with hope.

"For now they are." Taavi moved to Adelina's side as he offered her a blood stained hand. "But that could change." 

Adelina ignored his hand and lifted herself off the soft ground, careful not to step her large boots into the mess she had made in front of her. Her vision grew splotchy as she swayed.

"Careful." Taavi reached out to steady her but Adelina leaped back away. Taavi pulled a hankerchief out of his trousers and began to wipe the blood from the chin and hands. "A bit squeamish huh? And you expected somehow to fight us?"

"He'll come for you." She stated matter-of-fact. Her chin raised in defiance. "He will come for all of you and he'll rescue me."

"Oh we are counting on it sweetheart." Asmund began to roll with laughter. "I can't wait for all the fun we'll have when he does." 

Asmund grabbed onto Adelina's forearm and pulled her to his side. "Come now. We have a car waiting to take you to your new home." She followed aimlessly, her eyes never leaving the ground. As they came upon a large black vehicle Adelina peeked behind her and out onto the valley that sunk deep below where she stood. She looked longingly wondering if Folke knew she was missing. Her heart stung as she realized today was supposed to be their day and a tear sprang from her eye and down her cheek. 

Don't come for me, please.  Her mind pleaded as she pushed those thoughts out towards the forest where she imagined him waiting for her. 

"Let's get going." One of the guards broke the silence as he pushed open the driver door and crawled in. Adelina pushed the saddness that tore her heart deep inside of her. She wouldn't let them see the pain they were causing and she crawled into the seat. Asmund, Falentine and Taavi followed and as the door shut Adelina felt as if her heart would stop beating. The life she had grown accustomed to, the boy she wanted to spend her life with, were disappearing as the vehicle pushed forward and away from those beautiful woods.

She pressed her forehead against the glass and watched as everything she knew grew smaller and smaller eventually disappearing. As minutes turned into hours her body grew weaker and the chill sat crawled into her bones. Asmund reached down under the seat pulling out a wool blanket.

"You look as if you'll freeze to death. " He said as he wrapped the blanket around her small body. "It's a long trip why don't you try and rest." Her head lulled as she fought to keep her eyes open, but soon the sun fell into the earth and darkness crept in.  The darkness soon took her deep into its grasp as she could no longer fight.  As she drifted off a whisper reached her ear.

 "I'll never let you go again. You're ours forever."