9. The Candles Blew and Then Disappeared

Darkness

Darkness. Never Ending Darkness. Void of anything.

Was I dead, Adelina wondered.

Her body ached as the darkness swirled into gray. Adelina blinked her eyes a few times, but the grey never changed. She tried to move her hands to rub her eyes, but something was stopping them from moving. 

The world felt like it was moving around her as her head swam. In a panic, she began to pull at her hands trying to release whatever had a hold on them. Her wrist began to burn. 

"I'm going to be sick, please can someone help me with my hands", Adelina pleaded. She hoped there was someone in here who would take pity on her.

"Pull over, I don't think she is feeling so well." A deep voice said.

Adelina jumped when a hand landed on her back. She shivered under the cool touch as the hand swirled in circles around her back. Adelina began to panic even more and her breath turned ragged. Her body trembled under the strange touch. 

Without any warning, Adelina's body was thrown forward and she felt a cold hand wrapped around her, holding her in place. Her body began to throb with pain again. Adelina heard a loud bang come from the side of her and she turned her head in the direction of the noise.

Someone grabbed her by her arms and lifted her up. In one sharp movement, the cloth that was tied over her eyes was ripped off. Adelina blinked her eyes a few times. Her eyes adjusted quickly as she took in the pale moonlight covering the rolling hills that were in front of her.  As she focused on her surroundings, she noticed they were standing in a large field. The grass had a glaze of frost that glittered as the moon shone high in the sky.  Adelina tried to take a step forward but she swayed and turned her body around to grasp something. At that moment, she realized she had been in a small black car. She stared with her mouth agape at the odd looking car. She hadn't seen anything like that, as most people owned large trucks in her village. 

"It's a car." A voice boomed from the other side of the car. The tall man with blonde hair was standing beside the car and was smirking. He had the cockiest look on his face. Adelina curled her hand into a fist, wanting so badly to wipe that smirk off his face.  He began to silently chuckle and turned his head towards the car.

"I know" Adelina tried to say but her voice came out as a raspy whisper.

Her heart was beating wildly. She tried to calm herself as the pain was becoming too much. She lets her body sink forward and holds on to the car, taking deep breaths. A low chuckle sounds behind her and she whipped her body around to face the tall blonde man again. A rage sank in as she realized who he was and what he had done. She sneered at him, which caused him to break out into booming laughter.

"What have you done with them? Where are they?" She screamed, her body shook with a violence. 

The man looked at her and smirked even more widely. Adelina feels her rage peak and she springed into action. She charges at the man and pulled her hands out in front of her. She sets her sights on his perfectly chiseled face.