36.Coming Apart At the Seams

Birds chirped as the sun broke through the trees. Adelina stirred as she was still wound tight into Folkes strong arms.

"Oh...it's um morning." Adelina whispered.

"That it is." Folke placed a small kiss on Adelina's nose. "Good Morning."

Adelina picked herself up off the ground. "Aaron and Madeline are going to be freaking out."

"Oh don't worry about them. They know I was with you."

"Wait...how? And wait." Adelina's voice raised. "They know?"

"Werewolf thing, long story. And no not like that. Just that I'm with you and you're safe. Don't worry okay?" He grabbed her pulling her back into his arms. "You got a few leaves in your hair." He chuckled as he picked a few out.

"Probably going to be cleaning the grass and leaves out of my tangles for weeks."

"You okay with this? Us?" Folke's forehead creased as the words came out.

"I am. I feel lighter. I meant what I said, I do love you." Adelina smiled at him pulling his arm over her frame. "I feel so safe with you. You make my heart flutter and my stomach sputter."

"No training today okay? I have something I'd like to show you later and I need to do a few errands and things." He said rising to his feet and pulling on his clothes.

"A day of rest hmm..I guess I could use one of those."

"I'll take you home." Folke extended his hand out lifting her to her feet. They stayed silent most of the way home, smiling at each other. "I'll come get you later today okay?" He said as she made her way up the stairs.

"I'll look forward to seeing you very soon." Adelina watched as Folke disappeared into the forest before she opened the wooden door and entered the house.

The house was still and Adelina knew it had been early still. She crept up the stairs with an eerie silence, watching every creaky step. Adelina entered the bathroom and entered the cold tile shower. She washed her hair, a few times, attempting to get the grass, leaves, bugs and whatever else was in the mess of tangles. Adelina got out, got dressed and made her way into the kitchen.

"Well look at you all smiles this morning." Madeline's voice came through the door. "Didn't come home last night either." Madeline winked.

"Oh don't."

"Oh, you're blushing!" Madeline exclaimed. "I won't press you, but I want you to know I'm happy. Folke's a good guy who has spent a lot of time alone. He's never really taken to anyone quite like he has with you."

"He doesn't seem like much of a loner."

"No, not now that he has you around. I swear I never saw him smile until he met you. When he came to us he was a mess. And he had every right to be just like you did. But now he smiles all the time. I'm glad he has you."

"He doesn't talk much about his past, does he?" Adelina thought. "I don't know too much about that at least."

"He doesn't. I think sometimes it hurts for him to even think about it. But that is beside the point! I am very happy and I'm glad you both are happy too."

"Me too. He's coming by later today but he gave me the day off from training. Guess I can be a bit lazy today. Unless you need me?" Adeline questioned.