22. Are You Deranged Like Me?

Blood dripped down her arm and onto the floor as she popped each stitch off. The razor had become dull, so by the end she ripped a few off with her fingernails. Her lip bled as well as she bit down to numb the pain.

By the final stitch, the blood poured out the wound in a generous amount. Adelina took a towel and wrapped it around her forearm. She proceeded to stroll over to the doorway. She pulled it open with ease and looked down the empty corridors.

Wasn't someone supposed to be guarding her door? Her lips formed a tight line and her eyebrows quirked.

She began to take small steps down the hall, peering side to side with each and every step. A couple more steps and she heard footsteps echoing in the distance. She let out a sigh of relief as she saw Samuel and Charles round a corner and step towards her.

"What are you doing out of your rooms and in the halls? You know this isn't safe for you." Samuel scolded.

"My stitches got popped open earlier. I didn't notice until I went to get in the shower. I tried to find someone outside my door, but no one was around." She held up her arm showing the bloody towel wrapped tightly around it. "I need to get this looked at. Can I be taken to the doctor?"

She looked back up at Charles and Samuel and noticed their eyes had shifted to an odd shade of blue. Samuel stepped towards her, his eyes transfixed on the towel. Adelina stepped back.

"Samuel, stay in control." Charles grabbed onto Samuels arm and pulled him away from her. His eyes switched back to brown and he took a deep breath.

"I'm fine."

"Okay well now that you're done with whatever the heck that was, can you take me to the doctor?"

"Yes, let's get you looked at." Charles grasped her wrist and began to lead her forward.

The walked through the halls in silence, but with purpose. Every twist and turn Adelina felt her head spinning and she looked to see how much blood she had actually lost. Her mouth hung open as she saw the towel had soaked through.

Maybe breaking open her stitches hadn't been the best idea. She thought and smirked at herself. Sure was brave, though. She thought while mentally giving herself a high five. Her thoughts broke as the came upon a door she recognized. They all entered into the doctor's office together. Samuel and Charles looked around for Malora, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sure she is in her private quarters. They are right around the hall. We will go grab her real quick. You need to sit back and lay down for now. You look pale and like you are about to faint." Charles led her towards a cream colored couch. Adelina sat herself down and pulled her legs up to her chest.

"If there is an emergency, there is a phone in here. Just dial 7 and you'll get a guard." Charles and Samuel exited the room.

Adelina wat there in silence for a few moments before she sprung up and into action. She began to rummage through drawers and cabinets. Her eyes grew wide when she found exactly what she looking for.