12. My World Split In Two

WARNING: Graphic graphic graphic CHAPTER GRAPHIC (gore bloody etc)

Adelina only sprinted a few steps before she was stopped. Samuel grabbed her frail waist and held her in place. She thrashed and punched at him. Charles tried to subdue her by grabbing her trashing arms, careful not to touch any of her stitches.

"You really thought that would work?" Samuel wasn't amused.

Adelina kept her lips pressed together, silent. She lifted her legs and began to kick at Samuel in hopes to knock Charles off balance. Both men dodged her attacks with ease.

She was a fighter. The Council of Three would have their hands full, Samuel thought.

"Calm down, "Charles spoke and glared at her.

Her eyes burned with fury.

How dare he tell her to calm down?

Charles studied her slender face and laughed in amusement.  The anger that burned in her eyes was unlike anything he had seen before.

"What kind of monsters would force somebody into this situation? WHAT KIND!" She screamed as loud as she could.

The guards at the door heard her screaming and began to move forward to assist, but both men waved them back into place.

"No, stand your post. We can handle this." Samuel said.

"Please, you can't make me do this. I can't do this. I CAN'T PLEASE!" Adelina sobbed and fought with every bit of strength she could muster.

Samuel felt a tiny pang of guilt. He didn't understand why the Council had asked for her now of all times. She was not like them. 

As they held her in place Adelina began to feel heavy. She hadn't even had a proper meal. She was weak and there wasn't much she could do against two supernatural beings. She thrashed a bit more before her body gave up. She sagged in Samuel's arms. Her eyes full of hot stinging tears that had escaped down her cheek. When Samuel released her arms her body fell crumpled to the floor.

She grabbed at the grass with her hands.

Why can't this be a dream?

But it wasn't a dream. The grass felt real and the earth was cold as she picked up some dirt and sifted it through her hands.

This was real.

Samuel picked her body up with ease and looked her over. She hadn't even gotten a smudge on her from sitting in the dirt beneath them. Her crystal eyes met Samuel and looked at him with a pleading look.

"You need to pull yourself together. You have no choice in this. You will go in there willingly or unwilling. Your choice, Adelina. So you can either pull yourself together or you can go in there kicking and screaming, which will make Falentine livid. I don't think you will like the outcome of that choice, though. Remember, they have your family. I can't guarantee what will happen to them if Falentine gets angry." Samuel whispered this into her ear and made sure when he pulled away he looked into her eyes again.