11. Always Second Guessing

Adelina had laid in the same spot for hours, her body a lump in the floor

Adelina had laid in the same spot for hours, her body a lump in the floor. She felt like all the hope had been sucked out her body. She was losing control of her mind, slowly unraveling into insanity.

As she laid in the floor with her back up against the wall, tears began to build up in her eyes.

"When did you become such a big cry baby,"Adelina mocked herself.

She was still playing the victim and she was fed up with it.

She sat in the floor crying while her family was out there. She thought of Daniel and the horrible memory of one of the men grasping him by the throat.

"Is he okay?" she sniffed. 

"Do you often sit around and talk to yourself?"

Adelina jumped as the voice startled her. She turned towards the voice and saw a man standing in front of the door. She sat there for a moment studying his features. Her eyes widened and mouth dropped open with realization. 

"YOU!" Adelina yanked herself up and stalked over to the man standing in the room. Rage shook through her body and angry tears began to spill from her eyes.

"Ah so you do recognize me, then again how could you forget a face like mine?" the man said as he bowed low and smiled wide at her

"You, YOU WERE THERE in my town. You are the reason all this has happened. You MONSTER!" Adelina said.

Adelina, in a fit of rage, lifted her fist and threw a punch at the man. He grabbed her hand and jerked them behind her back.

"And what are you going to do with all this anger you have, Adelina?" he began to laugh.

"I was right about you." the man whispered in her ear and placed her arms to her side. 

"Now lets not try that again, okay?"

Adelina backed away from him until she felt the cold wall against her back.

"Why are you here?"

"To take you to the doctor. I've been told you have a few nasty cuts that need to be looked at," his tone was no longer playful.

"I'm Samuel, by the way," Samuel offered her his hand.

Adelina stared at his outstretched hand  with her mouth agape. She threw her hand towards his and violently pushed his away.

"I know who you are. You are the reason this happened. You did this to my family and to my friends."

Adelina lifted her fist, thinking of throwing another punch, but she looked down at her injured arm.

"I'll go with you, but I'm not taking your hand. I'd prefer you not to touch me either."

"Well what the lady wants she shall get," Samuel mocked.