26. Frozen Waves Meet Ocean Floors.

A/N I don't know if I've said this, but the music I post usually goes along with the emotions of the chapters, so give them a listen and see what you think.

(Unedited)

Adelina awoke with a gasp

Adelina awoke with a gasp. Trying to pry open her eyes, she winced at the pain that shot through her head. She reached her hands and ran her fingers in circles on her temples. When she finally gained the strength to open her eyes her stomach tightened and body shook in fear. A small grey room appeared in front of her, much like the one she stayed in for weeks. Anxiety began to filer into her body as she raised her eyes to the ceiling. A low hanging light was above her head and a low buzzing noise could be heard throughout the cell. Adelina picked herself off the floor and headed for the small metal door.

"IS ANYBODY OUT THERE," She shouted through a small hole with tiny protruding bars. "Can anybody hear me," she croaked out.

As she held her ear up to the open space on the door, she could hear footsteps filter into the area. Adelina stepped back when a demon popped its vicious head in the tiny window. The door creaked and groaned as it was thrown open. Adelina threw her body backwards as guards filtered into her room. A gasp escaped her lips as Asmund filtered in behind the guards, Falentine and Taavi behind him. She starred at Asmund in disbelief, his eyes showed no form of emotions and only starred back with a cold gaze.

"You seem shocked to see us," Falentine spoke up.

"Yo-u. You're alive?"

Falentine broke out in a roaring laughing. "Did you really think something as simple as a stab to the neck could kill me? Normal vampires can't even be killed by something so weak, but I am not a normal vampire. Didn't even leave a mark. Next time try aiming for the heart, although that wouldn't even work with me. I guess you could try cutting off my head and see if that works, but I doubt you'd have the time or strength to try that."

"A girl can hope can't she? After what you did to Daniel, death would have been too kind."

"Correction, my dear," He swiftly moved over to where she was standing, grabbing her chin tightly in his hands. "Your sister killed Daniel. We just watched."

"That wasn't my sister. You've done something to change my sister and you know it." Adelina snapped back at him.

"We've done nothing but care and provide for her here. I've just let her embrace her darker side. There is nothing wrong with embracing who she really is and wants to be. If you would just look at her you'd know she is much happier with us."

"Why am I here?" Adelina lifted her arms and pushed Falentine's hand away from her face, scratch marks began to form down her chin as his nails clung to her skin.

"Even if you didn't kill me you still tried. You can't be allowed to act in such a manner. Plus you ruined my engagement party. Your poor sister was a disaster, thinking you killed her beloved. You emberassed me in front of all my guest. You had to be taught a lesson. You're lucky that I didn't kill your family for what you did, but Asmund helped me see reason. Besides, they could prove to be useful in the future."

Adelina glared at Falentine, fury flashing in her eyes. "You are an awful heartless monster" Falentine face lit up in pride as she said this.

"Thank you my dear."

"Did you honestly think I would just sit back and let you kill the love of my life? Did you not expect me to want you dead? I can't be alone in wanting to see your lifeless corpse on the ground. Oh no, I'm sure many others would love to see you dead just as much as I want you dead right now." Adelina charged him and threw her fist up at his face in fury, her anger controlling her body. "I HATE YOU." She yelled as he caught her delicate hand in his.

He held her hand up to his lips and gently placed a kiss on it, infuriating her even more. "You are brave, I'll give you that. Enjoy your stay down here." He laughed before spinning on his heel and exiting the room. Taavi followed, but threw a sympathetic glance over his shoulder before exiting. The guards stood their ground as Asmund and her stared into each other's eyes.

"Leave us," Asmund's voice echoed off the concrete walls. The guards gave him a questioning glance, but began to storm out of the room, one by one.

"You should follow them," Adelina let the bitterness seep out of her tone. She turned her back towards him, glancing around the tiny grey cell she was in. "How long does he plan to keep me in here Asmund?" She asked feeling his presence in the room still.

"I'll try to talk him out of this punishment, but you have to understand that it was either this or kill your family. I knew you'd rather be put into a cell than your family be harmed," He took steps towards where she stood. "I know it is small, but as you can see it does have a small room for your bathroom and shower. This is better than most of the cells we have. You won't be sitting in filth or muck."

"Yeah look on the bright side huh" Adelina let the sarcasm drip from her voice. "Asmund why didn't you try to stop Tessa from killing Daniel?" Adelina began to feel the realization hit her. "You know I loved him. And for my sister to do that? How could you let this happen?" Her body fell back onto the small mattress in the corner of the room.

"It had to happen. It was part of the ritual." He stated matter-of-factly.

"You knew this was going to happen?"

"I warned you, Adelina. I told you that there was going to be some deaths involved in this ritual. I tried to tell you to prepare."

"You could have stopped them. You could have done something. And now Daniel is dead and my sister, my twin sister, was the one to murder him. All for your stupid ritual and for what? So you can resurrect your monster of a father. And what is he going to do once he is resurrected? I don't even know you anymore. I thought you would protect me but instead all you've done is rip my heart out. I'll never trust you or your kind again." Tears began to stream down her pale face. After moments of silence Adelina began to break down. "Please leave me alone."

"As you wish." Asmund said with little emotion in his voice as the door slammed shut, sending a quiver throughout the room.

Adelina began to let the sobs take over her body as she violently shook. Her screams echoed through the tiny cell. "Daniel... I'm so sorry." She repeated over and over again. Her heart felt like it was being shred up as she thought of all the moments they had shared. She did love him. She would always love him. Even after what he had done to her. Her body began to wear itself down as her eyes became swollen from the tears that streamed from them.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered one last time.

"It wasn't your fault," Adelina jumped at the sudden voice coming from a small vent on the wall.

"W-hat," she croaked out.

"It isn't your fault, what happened," the voice stated again.

"What do you mean? And w-ho- are you?" her voice still shook from crying.

"My name is Aaron. I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude. But I heard you cry and I think you should know none of this is your fault."

"How would you know?"

"Because I know what they are capable of. Rest now we will speak later."

Adelina didn't press the issue, her body slowly fading out. She finally stopped fighting and let sleep overtake her weakened body.