4. They can't take you from me.

A/N Dedicated to another wattpad friend! Skarlitdawn! She is awesome and truly a sweet person. Once again another person I'm so glad to have met.

 Once again another person I'm so glad to have met

"Adeline! Your sister she hasn't made it home yet. Your father went to look for her but couldn't seem to find her."

Adelina jolted straight up in bed. Her head spun and she swayed with it. Putting a hand to steady herself she lifted herself up out of bed. Her mother stood just outside her room. She moved up and down the hallway running a hand through her hair, which was a mess of frizz and knots.

"I bet she just lost track of time," Adelina reassured.

"Why don't we go downstairs and you sit down before you fall over mom."

Adelina grabbed onto her mother's arm and helped her down the old creaky stairs. Adelina led her mom into their living room and sat her down on the couch. Adelina looked at her father with a questioning look passing on her face. As she looked at him she studied his face and saw his brow had a deep crease in it and a deep scowl formed on his face.

"Don't worry yourselves to death. You both look awful at the moment. She is probably with one of our sisters gossiping about the new men in town today."

""What NEW MEN," Carlson yelled. Adelina jumped backwards frightened.

"Dad...I've never heard you raise your voice like that."

Adelina needed to choose her words more wisely from now on. Stress wasn't good on any of them right now

"They were young and they were speaking with the elders. They were probably just trying to find sanctuary here. I shouldn't even worry you. Tessa hadn't even gone to talk to them, she was just excited with all the commotion over it. All the town was, so I wouldn't worry about it. You both would have laughed if you saw the way everyone was acting."

Beth shifted on the sofa and let her eyes focus onto Adelina. Beth's eyes shimmered with droplets of tears that were forming. Her heart felt like it would burst into two at any given moment. The sense of dread was welling up in her stomach and churning there.

If Adelina knew..if only they had told her..she wouldn't be laughing this off right now.

Adelina looked to her mother and father. The look of disappointment was evident in both of their eyes. Sher felt her heart twist. If only she had been a better daughter and sister, her parents wouldn't be suffering right now.

"I think it would be best if you and your father went looking for her again. I should stay here just in case she comes home." Beth said followed by an exasperated sigh.

"She is going to be in so much trouble when she gets here! I swear that girl isn't going to leave this house for years. I don't care if she is turning eighteen..AND IF I CATCH HER WITH ANY BOYS SHE WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS HOUSE AGAIN."