1

Emily's Pov:

"Okay." I mumbled to myself looking around my new decorated house.

Yeah house.

Who would've thought that me, Emily Prentiss would've decided on getting a house over a apartment?

I needed to though.

I needed to lay low for a while, like Clyde said.

I mean sure Ian was in jail, Declan was safe but for all I know everything could fall apart.

But for now I was safe, I started a new job tomorrow, at the behavioral analysis unit.

That's been my dream since I've been studying criminology in high school.

I mean come on who wouldn't want to work for the FBI? I'm pretty sure at some point in people's life's they want too.

And I was going to.

Maybe I would be the new girl everyone hated because she's so excited to get to work, but I don't care about that.

People weren't my worries, actually I don't care what anyone thinks about me.

After I finally sat down on the couch resting from my long day of unpacking and driving, I realize that I forgot my box of plates and other dishes in my car.

I groaned and debated on getting it or not, but finally decided on it and got up stretching out my tired muscles.

When I went outside I felt the cold breeze hit my skin-making me shiver slightly.

As I walked down to my car, I was about to unlock it when I heard a faint cry making me turn around.

I saw a young boy, possibly around four, five or six years old on the sidewalk with a huge cut on his knee and on his forehead.

I wasn't going to do anything, I mean I wasn't a kid person-and how weird would I look if I just moved into a new area and went up to young children?

But the kid seriously needed help and no one else was outside, or even near him.

So, I clutched my keys in my hand tightly and walked over to him causally.

The little boy noticed me and backed away a little.

"No, it's okay, I just moved in." I said in a strange comforting voice, and I realized how creepy I must've sounded.

"Did you fall?" I asked, he nodded after a second, and began crying again.

I kneeled down next to him and took a deep breath.

"Hey, it's okay, we all fall once in a while." I said through a small smile.
"What's your name?" I asked through another smile.

He stayed silent and just stared at his bleeding knee.

Was I this horrible with kids?

"Mines Emily."

He finally looked up.

"I'm J-Jack." He stuttered through tears.

"Well Jack why don't we go find your parents so they can help you feel better alright?" I asked beginning to stand up.

"My moms gone." He said quietly, sniffling with his stuffy nose.

"Where'd she go? Maybe we can go find her?" I asked, but finally knew what he meant.

"Well what about your dad?" I suggested.

"He had to work the case."

I looked at him with concern, and kneeled back down.