25

Aaron's Pov:

"Alright everybody lets get started please. We need to get headed out right when we land so let's refocus on the case." I said as I sat back down in my seat on the Jet next to JJ who had already been looking over the case pictures scanning them carefully. Reid sat across from her but he was reading the reports of how the men were murdered rather then looking at the pictures. Rossi was on his phone and sighed when I asked everyone to pay attention which was a clear sign of how sarcastic he was.

"Right. Okay well in the what you would think to be the happy suburbs in Oklahoma is not so happy when you find out that four men have all been stabbed exactly nine times. I mean it's apparently exact like stab for stab-"

"Garcia." I said cutting her off as she continued to go on, she stopped and looked at me then nodded.

"Right sorry sir." She said as she crossed her legs nervously, like she was terrified on being on the jet or something then continued.
"So anyways, the men have no connection at all from what I can tell with my insightful digging."

"None at all? What about their at home lives? Married, children?" Emily asked as she looked through the photos then back up at Garcia.

"I mean Greg and Mark were both married and Greg and two daughters but Stefan was single and not afraid to hide it as he posted almost everything on social media and the latest victim Henry had a boyfriend." She stated.

"So these men are all well into their mid thirties, but that's the only thing in common with them?" Morgan asked now.

"If it weren't for the exact stabbing marks if day we would have four separate killers on our hands. I don't think I've seen a murder spree so disorganized like this." Rossi added leaning back into his chair.

"Agreed. You know it's almost like he's picking different kinds of victims though to make some kind of point." Reid said.

"What kind of point would that be?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. When we land I can try to look back into things I've read recently but you know with the time limit we're on I think that-"

"There won't be enough time for us to go through the entire library?" JJ asked with her arms crossed looking over at Reid and he rolled his eyes while everyone else let out a chuckle.

"So what exactly is the time limit here until another victim is found?"

"Well that's why I rushed us all on the jet right away. The killings are so unorganized that there isn't even a specific killing time limit that this unsub has." I said looking up again from the case file.

"You know this could be random because he's killing other guys that he thinks he can never resemble too. Like they're all in one way or another in some sort of sexual relationship and he possibly can't get someone himself so he takes his anger out on people he sees happy and confident in themselves." Emily suggested. She seemed confident with her statement up until we locked eyes. Then suddenly she got this look on her face that suggested she said the incorrect answer and then she looked down doubting her abilities.

She shouldn't though, I know she was threatened by me but I was just as much threatened by her attitude as well. Considering how strong and powerful she was, how could anyone else not be?

"Hotch?" Morgan asked making me snap out of my long thoughts and look over at him with a stern look back on my face.

"I'm sorry I missed that, What was that?" I asked.

"I asked if I would be able to go to the recent crime scene so I could get a better feel on things?" Derek asked raising his eyebrows, everyone else stared at me quietly like they'd never zoned out of the conversation before and I was the first one to do it. I nodded and cleared out my throat managing to think of how to respond.

"Right. Uh yeah that's okay. Rossi can go with you to that. JJ, Reid and Garcia all head over to the police station right away. Garcia start tracking everything you can in things that these four men have done recently online that may cause a trigger for someone else to get upset or jealous or want justice over. Reid and JJ I want you two to talk with the victim's families and see if there's any sort of meaningful connection that would tie the victims together somehow. That includes talking with Greg's daughters as well." They nodded in response to my orders and I saw Emily meeting my eyes as she realized what was coming next. I didn't plan it in my head that well either.

I only knew that Derek and Rossi work well together. JJ and Reid both have non threatening appearances so they would be better to talk with the families rather if I did it with someone else on the team. JJ has a soft mothering side, and Reid just is soft altogether.

"Emily you and I will go investigate the home of the first victim where he was killed and we can try to put together the full story of what happened then compare with Morgan and Rossi on what they have for the latest killing and see if he's evolved in any way." She nodded then looked back down avoiding anymore necessary eye contact then what she needed.

I couldn't help but stare at her for a minute longer before looking away as well not wanting anyone in the team to think anything else of it. She just looked so tired, and I felt guilty for that but this was the job and she had to deal to cope with this part.