11

Hotch's Pov:

I looked up from the papers and watched as Emily and Derek returned to the police station, walking into the room where JJ, Reid and I were going over Cara's background information with the Sheriff.

"Did you find anything at the house?" The sheriff asked quickly, alerted.

Emily and Morgan shared a look with one another before looking back at me, that wasn't a good sign.

"Not particularly." Morgan said making me raise my eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean? Did you find something bad?" Sheriff Young asked looking back and fourth between Emily and Morgan worriedly.

I shared a look with JJ and she nodded, knowing instantly what I was trying to say.

"Sheriff why don't you and I go get coffee real quick, you look exhausted, as anybody would be in your situation of course." JJ said standing up. He nodded confused and followed her out of the room.

"What is it?" I asked.

Emily pulled out her phone and put it down on the table across from us, I scanned the picture and looked back up confused.

"A picture of her?" I asked.

"Cara didn't have a boyfriend." Morgan said.

"What? But Mrs.Young and Sheriff Young said she did. Did they break up or something?" Reid asked.

"Or something." Emily said.

"Huh?" Reid asked raising his eyebrow.

"Apparently to Cara's sister Alexis, who begged me by the way not to tell her parents, this is Cara and her girlfriend Alyssa." Emily said making me look closer at the phone screen.

"Her parents didn't know?" I asked, usually a parent knows-even if they don't want to or try to avoid it.

"According to Alexis, Mrs and Mr Young don't support two of the same genders loving each other."

"So she was hiding it from everyone?" Reid asked

"No. That's the thing, everyone knew except for her parents. The whole school at least."

"So how did her parents not find out?"

"That's what we were wondering." Morgan said.

"It's terrible. She had to hide something like that from only her parents, they must really be against it." Reid said.

"Well, soon they'll have to deal with it. When Sheriff Young comes back Morgan I think you and JJ should tell him. Prentiss and I are going to go talk with the girlfriend, Reid stay here and when Rossi gets back, have him and Garcia  help you look on social media websites to see if there is anything helpful on there." I said as I stood up. Everyone nodded and I grabbed my coat off of the chair having Emily follow behind me.

"What's happening? Is there a lead?" Sheriff Young asked quickly as he noticed us. JJ caught my stare and I gave her a look.

"We're just going to go talk to some of Cara's friends and classmates." I said.

"Well we already did that I thought-right? Why? Is someone suspicious? Is there a suspect that I should know about? Should I be going with you? I think it'd be best if I do-"

"Sheriff Young." I said cutting him off.
"It'd be better if you stayed here. Agents Jareau and Morgan are going to talk to you about s couple of things, and then I think you should go home because your to close with this case."

"Talk about what?" He asked confused.

"You'll see in a minute."

"But I can help with this-I'm her father I know her. I know my daughter."

"That's my point. Your her father. You are trying not to see things,and it's not helping this case." I said trying to word it nicely.

"Agent Hotchner do you have kids?" I sighed and nodded.

"I have a son."

"If something happened to him like what's happening to my Cara. Do you think that your teammates would take you off the case? Or that you'll give up on looking for him?" Something did happen to him. When he was just a baby.

"Sheriff this is for your own good. We will try our hardest to catch your daughters abductor and bring her home safely."

He looked at me with his red eyes then cleared his throat giving me a slight nod.

He turned back around and JJ lead him into the conference room where I'm guessing Morgan briefed her quickly before starting.

"Wow." Emily said making me look at her.

" 'Wow' what?"

"I'm sorry it's just-you managed to talk him down without spilling anything that we know so far."

"I've been doing this for awhile." I said

"Right." I opened the door, and holding it for her.

"Thanks." She said with a slight surprised look on her face. I didn't give to much into it though.

I unlocked the car, and opened my door getting in. I started up the car, and the ride was silent the rest of the way.