16

Emily's Pov:

I glared at Mrs.Young ,watching her squirm in her chair as Hotch dug deeper into the truth. I opened the door and Hotch followed me out after we got the technical confession to everything.

"Im glad that's settled now, but that helps us go nowhere towards this case." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest, looking deep into his eyes.

He stared back and somehow made me feel a little more calm, not a lot but a little.

"Actually, it helped us quiet a lot." He said making me raise my eyebrows at him confused. He shook his head, and walked out making me follow behind him yet again into the conference room.

Once we reached inside, everyone was there and looked up as Hotch began to speak, telling them what we just experienced. All of their facial expressions were horrified and disgusted just like mine and Hotch's had been when we heard it.

"So do you think they had enough and finally snapped on her?" JJ asked looking over at Cara's picture on the bulletin board.

"I don't think they are actually capable of killing her. Obviously abusing her, yes, but they would have slipped some hints about it on accident and they didn't."

"So we're just going to assume even though the things they did were bad that they are innocent?"

"I didn't say that. I think they know who did it, and aren't telling us that part."

"If they know who has their daughter why on earth wouldn't they want to tell us?"

"Because they are apart of it now." Morgan said making me look over at him. So? Her parents were going away, wouldn't they just tell us everything then?

"So who exactly is this person?" I asked

"Well who has been distancing themselves perfectly from this case, and making sure to play the innocent card?"

"Oh my god." I whispered covering my mouth with my hand. Everyone looked at me and I shook my head looking over at Hotch.

"You think she could do this?" I asked quietly.

"We've seen and had worse cases. It wouldn't surprise me." Hotch said.

"Wait, who are you guys talking about?" Reid asked looking at Hotch and I back and forth.

"The only person who fits the description." Derek said catching on, but I still didn't believe it. There was no way she could be apart of something as messed up as this.

"Oh my god. You really think she could-her?" Jennifer asked looking surprised as I was at the three of us.

"So do you think she killed her?" I asked my voice as steady as I could make it be, trying not to show doubt. If he knew that I was second guessing him only god knows how more rude he would be to me.

"There's only one way to find out." He said and I nodded.

"Rossi and Morgan go talk to Mrs young again, JJ and Reid go to Mr.Young, don't make it obvious that we know, make sure you let them be confused, feel like they are the over powering ones in the conversation."

"Should we tell them we know? Because it's not for sure yet."

"Hold on until we get the confession."

"How long is that going to take?" Reid asked.
"Because statistically if she knows what she's doing, and so far she has, then she can stall as long as she needs too." I raised my eyebrows at him, surprised that he finally was able to figure out who we were talking about.

"He's right, she's been playing the right cards and can hold us off as long as she wants." JJ said giving Reid a nod then looking back over at Hotch.

"There's only one person who I think she hasn't lied to yet." Rossi said, I felt eyes fall on me and looked over at him raising my eyebrows.

"Wait-me?" I asked and he nodded.

"She trusts you, you were a figure of support for her and got on her good side." Hotch said as he agreed with Rossi.

"But I don't think that I can do that. Lie to her to get her to confess?"

"It's not lying, it's getting the truth technically." Morgan said.

"Prentiss, do you want to be apart of this team? Because that means doing things like this even if you think it's wrong, or if you don't think this is the suspect. That's the job. And if you can't do that-"

"I can." I said nodding cutting him off.

"Alright then. Good. Prentiss come with me." I nodded and shared a look with him feeling embarrassed that he pointed me out in front of everyone else, but I wasn't going to try to start another fight with him again considering how well those always go.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|
A/N:
Sorry this isn't the best chapter, I've been very busy lately with school, and band competitions, I'm seriously trying to write as much as I can guys😘💓