17

Aaron's Pov:

"Before we go in there, I just have to ask. I know your going to judge me and give me that stare of yours, but it's serious. Are you sure that she could actually do this? I mean I get it, okay yeah the signs are there but think about it. If we accuse her of this and she's not guilty, just imagine what she's going to have to go through now-"

I looked at her raising my eyebrow and she cut herself off as she nodded at me again. She turned to the door and opened it, finding the room empty. She looked over at me with the shared expression and shook her head slowly.

"Well I suppose now it is obvious it's her." She said and I nodded quickly turning around looking for the officer that was supposed to be keeping an eye out on her.

"Excuse me where's Alexis?" Prentiss asked one of the officers who was sitting down at their desk.

"She asked to go to the bathroom." He said not looking up from his phone, continuing to type on it too as he spoke to us.

"Well how long ago was that?" I asked in a stern strong voice. He simply just shrugged and continued to type on the handheld device.

"Like a while ago."

I was about to speak some not so kind words before Prentiss took his phone out of his hand and made him look up at us finally confused and shocked. She clutched the phone in her hand, and made direct eye contact with him.

"You can't do that! That's my personal property."

"In case you haven't noticed, the sister of a young girl who's missing at the moment is not where she is supposed to be. Now I don't get how you lost a young girl so quickly, and maybe it's so hard to keep track when your-" she paused and glanced at his phone screen raising her eyebrows.

"Sending these type of texts, but it's your job to do and now thanks to you another girl is out missing. Now you can tell us a direct-for certain time, and I won't tell the director about your on job distractions with-" she paused again and looked back down at the phone that was vibrating with receiving messages.
"Lisa. Are we clear?"

I looked away from her, and over at him. He had a stricken expression across his face, speechless of what to say. He wasn't expecting that and quiet honestly, neither was I. Not from Prentiss either. I was impressed, which wasn't something that happened very easily nowadays. He looked over at me like he was asking for help with his eyes and I raised my eyebrows now.

"You heard her." I responded.

"About an hour ago. She left then."

"Good." She took a deep breath and turned to me.
"We should set out a Amber Alert and have all of her friends talked too in case they are involved somehow or helping her." I nodded again and began to walk out with her following not that far behind me.

"Wait um ma'am you still um, have my phone." The officer said making Emily stop walking and turn around slowly.

"You'll get it back if we find those little girls alive and well. If not then this is on you and your friend Lisa."

She continued to walk and I now followed her, she noticed my staring and furrowed her brows at me.
"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." I managed shaking my head slowly being able to hide my smile from her-it was something that wasn't that hard to hide anymore.

"He deserves it." She said defensively.

"I didn't say anything."

"Right." She said slowly.

"But maybe shouldn't have doubted your skills with kids so quickly." I said and she laughed slowly shaking her head, I finally smiled and glanced at her.

"Did you just make a joke Agent Hotchner?"

"I don't know what your talking about." I said opening the car door up again and getting inside of it.

"Mmhm." She said as she got in too. She pulled out her phone and dialed Garcia's number as I put the keys in the engine starting the car up.