27

Aaron's Pov:

I watched Emily walk into the bedroom then I went into the bathroom beginning to look around at everything. It was a typical bathroom set up, towels hanging on the rack for hands to be dried, soap next to the sink, a cup that had two toothbrushes inside of it.

I pushed back the shower curtain and didn't see anything out of place there either. There was a razor blade at place, shampoo, body wash and shaving cream.

The only thing I found was a possible finger print that could or couldn't be Henry or his boyfriends, the forensics would have to tell us that. I walked out feeling annoyed that I didn't find anything. I looked and saw Emily talking to an office inside the bedroom, then when she walked away I went up to Emily.

"Where was that?" I asked looking at the smooth ring inside the bag the office walked out with.

"Underneath the dresser, maybe it was there before Henry's death but considering how neat everything in this house is I feel like they wouldn't have left it there."

"Safe call. We'll bring it to the station and see what we can do with it. Whoever did this made the mistake of leaving a clear fingerprint on the mirror so when we felt that back it'll help as well." She nodded to my response and I watched as she began to stare off. I watched for a minute wondering where her mind was going too, if she was thinking about the case or about something else. Part of me wanted to ask if she was okay but I knew that that definitely wouldn't be professional of me. So instead I pushed my caring feelings partly aside and spoke up.

"You alright?" I asked and she winced when I spoke then looked at me and nodding, pushing her raven black hair out of her face. She looked like she didn't want to elaborate anymore into how she was feeling, and she moved from the dresser like she wanted to get out of the room, and fast.

"We should probably finish up looking around the rest of the house so we can go compare with Rossi and Morgan." She stated, then left almost instantly, I followed behind and walked down the stairs into the living room.

"How do you think he'll do it?" Emily asked filling the silence, I turned around and saw her holding a picture of Henry and his boyfriend at some sort of party.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Henry's boyfriend. I mean the love of his life was murdered in this house. How can someone live with that? How could he live here, or find someone else who will ever make him feel the same way he felt when he was with Henry." She said and I stared at her now.

Everything she just said reminded me of how I felt about Hayley. I didn't even realize some of that myself until now, I don't think I've ever stopped and took the time to think about loving somebody else. I haven't thought about getting Jack a new mother figure so he knew how it felt to be loved by a mother. She should've been the one who found him crying out on the sidewalk, bandaged him up and gave him a popsicle.

"Sorry-I didn't mean to like go on a rant right there it just it sucks seeing what this stuff does to people's lives." She said noticing my stare and putting the silver flowered picture frame down on the banister over the fireplace. I shook my head searching for the words to say so I didn't spill out how I was really feeling at the moment.

"No it's fine. I get it you're worried about them, but if you do this for every case then you'll never be able to make it through with a clear head." I said and she nodded.

"I know, I'm sorry." She whispered as she backed up and moved to the bookcase giving me a small smile.

I couldn't help but stare at her for another moment, then force myself to look away not wanting her to think that I was being creepy. I didn't realize this before but she had a beautiful smile, even if it was to fill in the awkwardness it was beautiful.

"Hey Hotch?" She asked.

"Yeah?"

"Henry was stabbed right?" She asked, and I nodded continuing to skim through the drawer in the desk.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well I think I just found the murder weapon." She said, I turned back around and saw her holding a book in one hand that was actually some sort of secret safe. In the other hand she was holding a smaller sized knife that had blood on it. I looked back up at her meeting her eyes.