19

Hotch's Pov:

"Excuse me?" I asked to the nearest nurse walking by, she paused and looked at me with confusion, then over at Emily who was standing next to me.

"Yes?" She asked, her voice a little weak.
"Can I help you?"

"We were wondering about the missing patient you have right now, um Alyssa-" I watched her face pale and she cut Emily off before she could even finish saying Alyssa's name.

"What about her? Is she in some sort of trouble?" She asked stuttering slightly as she spoke. I glanced at her hands as her fingers picked at them showing a clear and obvious sign of dermatillmoania. I nudged Emily a little and she looked down at it casually.

"Not that we know of," Emily spoke clearly,
"All we know is that she is missing."

"Your lying aren't you?" She asked.

"Is there a reason why we would be?" I asked.

"Well-look I don't know what you know so far but she's a good kid. She's my sisters kid and a really good kid. Straight A's, so many extra activities, theater, math club, debate, anything you can think of she's a part of. She even did a big sister program at her church, trust me she didn't mean to get caught up in the middle of this. Just because her girlfriend went missing doesn't mean that she was part of it or something."

"Right." I said nodding.

"So your niece is missing, and instead of helping us on telling us what you know, you'd rather say nothing about it to help her case? May I remind you that her girlfriend just went missing." Emily said as she crossed her arms.

"I can't." She whispered quietly.

"Anything you hold from us will make things much more worse." I said in a more soft tone.

"Well I sometimes go over to their house to help out, You know? Like helping with chores or dinner-just to make sure Alyssa and her brother always have something to eat and that her brother is caught up on his homework-which is something Alyssa usually makes sure that he gets done. She practically is raising that kid."

"Where's Alyssa's mom in all of this?"

"She is currently sick, lung cancer."

"That would be a trigger." Emily said quietly to me and I nodded slightly.

"A trigger? No she didn't have anything to do with this. Trust me she loved Cara, she even asked me for some extra money to get her a gift for her birthday."

"There's something else that you aren't telling us. Isn't there?" I asked and she looked up from the ground, looking back and forth like she was considering to tell us or not still.

"A-a couple of nights ago," she paused and shook her head.
"No she explained it to me already and I believe her because she's innocent."

"If you believe that, then let us help prove it. Okay?" Emily said gently, placing her hand on top of hers making her stop picking at the skin.

"Okay." She whispered her voice cracking under the hushed tone.
"She had blood on her clothes. She told me it was hers and she just fell when she was on her way home, but it was on her shirt and just all over. So bad we had to throw them away because it was so stained."

Emily looked over at me and i nodded again.

"Did she tell you where she went?"

"No she didn't have too. Her outfit was dirty enough to tell she was in the woods, probably out near the lake where a lot of the kids go for whatever reason. The most popular spot here I guess."

"Right. And where exactly would she be?"

"I-I don't know. She never talks to me much anymore about her social life, all we discuss is grades and cost of college."

"We need you to really think about it."

"Okay, um, uh, her father owned a cabin up there and took her to visit it a couple of times before he passed away. Maybe she could be there?"

"Is it isolated?"

"I guess so, I mean there's other cabins but probably not for miles apart."

"Do you know the address?"

"I'm sure it's in my sisters name somewhere." Emily pulled out her phone and called up Garcia.

"Thank you." I said and she nodded.

"Please just help her so she can come back home."

"We're gonna try." I said gently, she surprised me when she wrapped her arms around me for comfort. I patted her back gently and looked up seeing Emily staring at me.

She looked away when I noticed her-which was okay considering I did the same. After a minute she walked over and cleared her throat.

"Garcia sent the address, and is contacting the rest of the team to catch them up on what we know so far, so they should be there around the same time as us." She said and I nodded.

"Please just bring her home safe."

"We're gonna try." I said, Emily nodded and we both walked out of the hospital.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

A/N: i honestly feel so bad that i never update anymore, i didn't realize how many people were actually waiting for me to update and thank you so much for being so patient, I'll try to be more active from now on!💓