7

Emily's Pov:

He groaned when he saw me walk into his office.

"Good morning to you too." I said slowly.

"Are you always so grumpy?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Are you always so annoying?" He asked dropping his pen and looking up at me.

"Apparently you are." I mumbled putting the coffee down on his desk.

"You got me coffee?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah."

God I wasn't a complete jerk like him.

"You expect me to believe you just took time out of your day to go and get coffee? For me?" He asked making me roll my eyes and place my hand on my hip.

"It's not like it's a marriage proposal or something. It's coffee. Like five dollars." He paused and glanced down at it.

"And you just want me to drink it?..." He continued trailing off.

I looked at him giving him a confused-and annoyed face.

"What do you think I did? Poison it or something?" I asked

"I don't know, did you?"

Don't slap him.

Don't.

You just got this job.

"Oh my god. I did something nice. I'm trying to be nice to you. Apparently it's not working."

"You? Be nice?"

"Oh like your any better at it?"

"Hey you're the one who took my son." he said making me frown, there was a light knock on the door and a blonde haired girl with blue eyes and bright, like really bright clothing in the doorway.

"Sorry to interrupt." She said trying not to look like she was curious about who I was.
"But um, we have a case." She continued holding a file in her hand.

"Alright we'll be right there." He said standing up out of his desk chair, picking up the coffee.

"We?" She asked glancing over at me.

"This is Agent Prentiss. She'll be coming with us for this case." He gestured towards me.

"Oh!" She said nodding quickly
"Right, I was supposed to come and show her around. I am so sorry about that I woke up late and then had to help JJ out with Henry because Will's out of town and-"

"Garcia it's fine. You can do it when we get back." He said making her relax more.

"Well, I'm Penelope Garcia, the technical analysis..or computer geek, or goddess, amazing queen. Whichever you prefer." She said giving me a warm smile and offering her hand.

I shook it gently and returned her smile, seeing how friendly she was.

"I'm Emily." I said trying not to sound nervous.

"You have a go bag right?" Hotch asked looking at me as he took a sip from his coffee.

"Uh, yeah it's in my car." I said nodding surprised that he actually did drink it.

"Okay good, well now let's go introduce you to the team so we can go get started." He said walking out of the room me following behind along with Penelope-Garcia. They go by last names around here. Hotch made that extra clear to me.