22

Emily's Pov:

I waited patiently as I watched everyone else exit the plane, and then followed behind feeling a bit of an outcast in this group of close friends. It came to a shock to me when I felt an arm loop into mine when I entered the building and I turned looking to my right seeing the bright happy Penelope Garcia who had her arm wrapped in mine.

"So..how was your first case?" She asked
"I mean I know it didn't end well but I mean like did you like working with us? Or like specifically me?"

"Baby girl don't scare the newbie on her first day." Derek said as he walked next to her and she rolled her eyes at him playfully then looked back over at me.

"Sorry I don't mean to break any personal space I'm just-I think you'd make a really great addition to this team because well I like you a lot and that's rare, ask anyone around here and they'll tell you that when it comes to my babies in the field I'm protective-"

"Very protective." JJ added cutting Penelope off making me laugh softly at the expression on JJ's face and the emphasize she made on the words.

"Well thank you, it was a good first experience and everyone was honestly really nice to me. I just I'm not sure if this is something that I should be a part of." I admitted as we reached the agents desks and they put their stuff down.

"What? Seriously? You were like a natural out there." Reid commented making me feel a little better.

"Honestly if I didn't know any better I'd say you had experience out with us before, like you clicked right away and I don't think that's happened for a long time around here." Derek said.

"Since Penelope scared that other agent away at least." JJ added and Penelope looked at her with a glare and then nudged JJ gently.

"It wasn't my fault."

"Right." She whispered patting Garcia's shoulder, Garcia sighed probably caving in on all the bashing she just received on her and then looked back over at me with wide eyes.

"So you really don't think you want to stay with us? I mean I know I don't know you that well but I'm a lovely person to get to know and I think you and I would be great friends, and then JJ and my girls nights will seem more fun with another girl in it rather then just have it be us two because that's kinda sad."

"Hey you told me it was more fun with just the two of us since Elle left, what was that just a lie to make me feel better or something?" JJ asked in a hurt voice, I didn't know her well enough to tell if she was actually joking or not.

"Oh..of course they're fun it's just um well now it'll be more fun if we have a third member to come party with us."

"Sure." JJ said rolling her eyes now.
"But seriously Prentiss, I think you should stay with us. I mean it's not my place t tell you to do anything but you're amazing out there. You connected well, put us before yourself, you were such a good team member."

I smiled and then looked over when I saw Hotch walking down out of his office like he was in a rush to get home. Most likely to go see Jack.

"Hey Hotch help us convince Emily to stay." Penelope said and I met her eyes mine feeling wide surprised she just said that to him.

He paused and looked at me with a somewhat half glare half caring look on his face that made me comforted and somehow uncomfortable at the same time.

"You don't need to..look I think that maybe my resources would be a better fit somewhere else." I said before he could speak.

"I think that your resources would be good here. You communicate well with the members on your team and your skill level is at the top of the charts." He said and I felt surprised at how weirdly nice he was acting towards me.

"Okay I'll think about it." I said.

"Good. Text Garcia with your final answer tonight and I'll confirm it with the bureau." I nodded and watched as he walked away and to the elevators.

"That's maybe the nicest compliment he's ever given." Derek said and Garcia laughed softly nudging him.

"Come on he tries as much as he can. I can't believe how early he got out of here tonight compared to how late he usually stays." Garcia stayed then turned back over to me.

"So am I gonna get your number to tell Hotch you're officially with us or no?" She asked.