20

Emily's Pov:

I slammed the car door shut as I got out, strapping on the FBI labeled vest as Hotch had handed it to me. I tried to be patient and wait like we were supposed to but then again knowing myself, I'm the stubborn type. The type who doesn't listen and I don't happen to take rules all that well. Obviously Hotch knew that, considering our past after all. 

"Do we even know that she's in there for sure?" Morgan asked in a low whisper as he and JJ walked over by Hotch and I.

"We have to check." Hotch said meeting my eyes, I looked down at the gravel, quickly feeling a little threatened by his stare. Was that like.. supposed to happen? I guess, he's the tough one after all.

"Prentiss and JJ take the front, Morgan and I will take the back and split near it. That should almost cover every angle we need, along with the police as back up."

"Alright." JJ said nodding as she gave me a warm smile. I returned it, and followed her as she began to walk up the small hill.

As we walked I noticed small drops of blood leading up the stairs and near the door. I nudged her a little with my elbow and she looked at me with a confused expression before she followed my eyes. I raised my eyebrows at her, and she returned the expression. She then put her gun in one hand and pressed the button in her ear before she spoke into it softly so no one inside would hear us. 

"Hotch there's some blood leading up to the door, we're gonna give it two tries before going in." I heard the echo of her voice going through my earpiece too now.

"Copy that." His low voice said through my ear. We both stepped around it along with the other three officers backing us up. I knocked on the wooden cracked door, and spoke loudly.

"FBI open up." I said and waited, but there was no response. Surprise there.

"Federal agents open up please." JJ said as she attempted to knock, we waited another minute but when there was still nothing she waited a brief thirty seconds before she kicked the door open-which was surprising to me considering I thought she was the type of quiet shy girl. I was obviously, gladly wrong about that.

I followed her inside of the house and glanced down seeing the bloodstains continue further by a door leading towards a basement. I opened the door quietly and walked down the stairs making sure I stayed quiet as I kept my gun leveled up hearing crying.

"Alexis stop it!" A voice cried in agony. I turned my head and stayed quiet putting the pieces together that it was Alyssa most likely. I walked down another step hoping it wouldn't make noise and thankfully it didn't.

"No! I deserve to get away with this, if you would've just kept your little mouth shut-" 

"You killed your own sister! I am not letting you get away with it! I loved her and you-you just killed her like she was nothing. And for what? The story? The fame? To get away from your parents? If you would have just came to me-"

"How?! You were going to take her away from me. She was the only thing good, keeping me together and you-"

"Alexis, you don't want to do that." I said finally stepping in making her jump when she saw me, I reached the last step and looked at the knife she was holding at Alyssa who was holding her hands up and still in her hospital nightgown.

"Why?" She asked in practically a whisper, her voice cracking from it as her eyes filled with tears. 

"She deserves it. She was taking her away. She was gonna make me be alone with them. You met them you know how terrible they are, it's so clear and yet no one does anything about it. Cara always stood up for me no matter what and-"

"And your crazy!" Alyssa cried shaking her head. 

"Alexis, look at me. I know you did what you had to for yourself." I said turning my head.

"What? How is killing her sister helping her?"

"She was just going to runaway. She wasn't missing the first day. She was hiding. Here, waiting for Alyssa. That was their plan, to leave everything here behind. I found out by Cara's phone, not even Cara herself. How fair is that? Huh? My big sister, being a little wimp and leaving when things get rough."

"I know that you're upset but trust me killing Alyssa won't help with the way you feel." JJ said softly as she entered the room too.

"It will."

"No. Alexis did you feel better when you did that to Cara?"

She stared at me with tears spilling out of her eyes then back over at Alyssa. She dropped the knife making it clatter against the floor. Alyssa stood there turning to look at Alexis before running over to the knife and pushing it into Alexis. 

"Alyssa no!" JJ screamed as she ran over and I stood there in shock. My eyes widened at the horrible sight. JJ's screaming at me managed to make me snap out of it as I went to stop the bleeding on the bleeding out teen while JJ contained the other one who was screaming at Alexis.

Footsteps came down the stairs and I turned my head seeing Hotch and Morgan. Morgan ran back up the stairs calling out for an ambulance. I pushed my hands tighter around the bleeding wound repeating the same words over and over again.

"It's gonna be okay."

What I think was a few minutes later, there was a hand on my shoulder. I kept staring at her though, knowing it was already too late. No paramedic could bring her back. I couldn't bring her back. I let go of her chest and took another few seconds before standing up weakly. Feet stumbled down the stairs and two men entered the room with Morgan. I glanced at them before I went up the stairs slowly needing to get out of there. Maybe I wasn't cut out for this after all.