6

Emily's Pov:

My heart began to race quickly.

Why me.

Why does this keep happening to me?

Why can't couldn't I have heard him walking into the room?

Why can't I do something right?

"What are you doing here?" He asked putting his bag down onto the couch.

"And are you snooping through my stuff?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"No." I said glancing down realizing that my finger was still on his computer and quickly took it off clearing my throat awkwardly.

He raised his eyebrows then just rolled his eyes.

"You need to leave." 

"Why were you googling me?" I asked 

"I thought you weren't snooping."

"Answer the question."

"I don't have to answer."

I stared at him shocked.

"You were looking me up." I stated 

"You were snooping."

I stayed still, trying to figure what I was going to say. What was I supposed to say? 

Think.

Think Emily, Think.

Saying nothing wasn't helping at all.

Come on, say something, anything.

He was staring at me like I was crazy, which honestly I must've looked like it because I've been staring at him blankly for at least two minutes now. 

"Do you want me to call security?" He asked confused. 

Be nice.

Don't reach his level. 

Don't snap at him.

I could not be sarcastic for once. 

It wasn't that hard.

God I can't even convince myself.

I wanted to scream at him.

Yell, and even partly slap him. 

No, more like punch.

I finally got my arms to move and pick up the manilla envelope out of my bag, handing it to him.

He grabbed it out of my hand with a confused expression on his face opening it.

"What is this?" He asked his eyes scanning the papers.

"My transfer papers." I finally croaked out. 

"I already told you I didn't sign any." He said that same rude tone in his voice. 

"Yeah, I remember." I said biting the inside of my lip to stop me from saying anything rude.

I remember how you embarrassed me.

How rude you were to me.

I remember.

"Then why are you showing me these?" He asked making me snap out of my angry sayings. 

"Because if I'm right, that," I paused and walked so I was standing next to him, flipping the page and pointing to the left corner in the bottom.

"That's your signature." I said turning my head to face him.

He looked at me then back down at the papers confused.

"That's impossible I would remember signing this."

"So you're admitting that that is your signature?" I asked trying to stay calm, don't rub it in his face. I wanted to, but I had to stay mature about this. 

He looked at me again, and this time I felt a little uncomfortable seeing how close we were to one another.

I took a small step backwards and watched as glanced back down at the file reading it again and again like he didn't believe it. 

"I-" He cut himself off putting the file down onto the desk walking behind it.

He stayed silent for a couple of minutes making me even more uncomfortable.

I stood there awkwardly, pushing my hair out of my face.

He finally cleared his throat, shaking his head. 

"I'm not approving any of this just so we're clear. And I am going to look more into this, you can be sure of that." He said making my eyes widen.

"What?" I asked surprised.

Was he saying what I think he was saying?

"I'm going to back check every single thing in here. Twice."

I nodded grabbing my bag.

"This isn't a yes." He said quickly noticing my smile. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said walking out of his office.