8

Emily's Pov:

I walked into the dimmed room, full with four other people already chatting with one another. But they all seemed to fall silent once I entered the room. Typical. 

They all shared looks with one another, but I pretended not to notice it and reminded myself to stay calm, be friendly and don't make stupid sarcastic comments. Oh god, this already felt like high school all over again-which for me was not at all a fun experience.

"Everybody this is Supervisory Special Agent Emily Prentiss, she'll be joining us for this case, now, and we'll see what happens after." Aaron-Hotch said, I really need to stop doing that, last names around here.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jennifer Jareau, but you can call me JJ." A blonde who I recognized as one of the judgey people watching me the other day, they all were the ones watching the incident.

"You too," I said giving her a smile, and returning her handshake.

"And this is David Rossi." I shook the older agents hand smiling, and shared the normal 'nice to meet you'.
"And Spencer Reid." She gestured towards a tall guy with good looking hair, he gave me a small wave and 'hello' but grunted nudging Jennifer.
"Right. Doctor. Doctor Spencer Reid, not like that matters much though." He nudged her again and she rolled her eyes her emotions changing from happy to obviously annoyed.
"Spence you know how to talk. Do it yourself."

She turned to me again, and sighed shaking her head.

"He's shy sometimes."

I raised my eyebrows at the both of them, and Penelope broke the awkward silence with a laugh. Everyone looked at her and she shook her head trying to stop, which was surprising to me that Hotch actually didn't yell at her.

"I'm sorry, they're just acting like an old married couple." She said letting out another laugh, the two of them glared and Jennifer scoffed.

"He wishes." She said turning her attention to Derek whom I recognized from the elevator. I smiled at him and he smiled back.
"Anyways, now back on topic, lastly this is-"

"Derek, good to see you again." I said and he nodded offering his hand, which I accepted.

"You too." He said, he honestly made me feel more comfortable than when I did earlier. I returned my hand to my side and felt the sudden tension in the air.

"You two know each other?" Hotch asked his tone of voice different, making me take my attention away from Derek and his bright smile, to the rest of the people in the room; especially Hotch. 

"Yeah, something like that." Derek said.

"Do we even wanna know?" Reid asked looking at the two of us back and forth. I looked at him raising my eyebrows and let out a small laugh shaking my head.

"Probably." I said making him look at me confused, Everybody else laughed besides Reid who was still trying to understand what I said, and Hotch who honestly looked a little jealous, but I don't know him well enough to make assumptions like that. 

"Maybe we should get back on track now?" Hotch asked, giving me a look. I nodded and sat down next to Jennifer and Rossi, looking down at the case file. Garcia remained standing, but walked over to the screen, clicking a little remote button.

As she began talking I opened the case file up, letting my eyes scan the pages and quit disturbing photos inside of it-nothing I haven't seen before though. I've honestly seen worse come to think of it.

"Okay so in Littleton, Colorado there's been a murder, now I know what you all must be thinking right now. 'I thought we only get called in when there's three bodies' well you would be right, except-here's the interesting part because I mean it'll blow your mind-"