15

Aaron's Pov:

"Finally. Agents what's happening? I was trying to comfort my daughter when I got kicked out of my own house?" Mrs.Young asked as we walked in. This time I took the liberty to sitting down while Prentiss leaned against the wall crossing her arms over her chest. I cleared my throat and put my hands together looking up into Mrs.Young's eyes.

"Is there anything that you held back from us?" I asked and she raised her eyebrows, then shook her head slowly.

"No. Why? Did you get any new information?"

"There really isn't anything that you know?" Prentiss asked from behind me.
"Think about it. Deeply."

"I just said-"

"Because being a mother you have to know somethings about your daughter, want to check up on her, things like that."

"Are you trying to say something?"

"No. I'm not saying anything. I'm pointing out the truth."

"And what exactly would that be Ms.Prentiss?"

"Emily." I said and she remained silent. I turned back to Mrs.Young who had a stricken expression still on her face.

"Is this an interrogation? I know my rights and I know that I get a phone call or a lawyer."

"Do you need a lawyer?" I asked and she looked down at her hands that were underneath the table. I glanced over at Emily and she nodded beginning to come closer to the table too.

"Everything okay?" I asked and Mrs.Young looked back up, jumping a little as she noticed how close Prentiss now was. She cleared her throat and shook her head.

"Of course not. My daughter is missing and you expect me to be okay? How on earth would I be okay? I mean come on, you two are in here interrogating me and probably my husband, while my baby is out there alone with some creepy psychopath."

"Why do you think we would be interrogating your husband too?" I asked making her groan frustrated.

"Are you just going to make every little thing I say into one of your questions? Is that really all it takes to do your job? Because then I get it, I get why you must suck at doing it so much, considering your in here and she's still out there!" She yelled loudly.

"Cara has a couple of friends who we talked to earlier." I said making her body tense up more. Her breathing was quiet for a couple seconds before she began to clear her throat yet again.

"And?"

"And one of the more interesting conversations we had were with Alyssa. You must remember her. Right?" Prentiss asked.

"I suppose. Her and Cara knew each other."

"Oh it was more then that." I said making her head shoot up. She looked at me then Emily back and forth.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"I think you do. In fact I think that it was your idea to start hurting Cara. I think that you were the one who told your husband, who will listen to anything you say because that's how manipulative you are, and you said how he should try and get your daughter back on the right road in your eyes. Right?" Emily asked.

"No." She said quickly.

"You know our technically analysis did a little digging, and she was able to find the report you had attempted to file when your were seventeen." I said.

"That was a misunderstanding."

"Is that what your father had told you to say?" Emily asked.
"Because it was your step-brother. So he didn't want to press charges, he didn't want anyone to know so he told you to tell them that. And he got away with it."

"No. I was wrong." She whispered shaking her head her hands shaking.

"No you weren't. You were right, and what you went through was not fair at all. But what your letting your husband put your daughter through? You know how scared she was, how she would probably cry herself to sleep. Right?"

"She had to be taught right from wrong. She had to."

"No. Right from wrong is not between loving a girl or a boy. Right from wrong doesn't have anything to do with that." I said sternly.

"What do you know? You don't have to worry about that with your son."

"No I suppose I don't considering he is only a child still. But I wouldn't have an issue with him if he did come to me with what Cara is dealing with. I wouldn't treat him differently, I wouldn't have someone teach him right from wrong the way you did because it's not a choice. It's how they feel. So I'm gonna ask you again. And when I do, I want the truthful answer. Did you or did you not beat Cara." I snapped.

"She had to be taught. She just had to be. It's not right what she was doing and I can't imagine what the people at the church would've said about us if they found out. She was ruining our family and she didn't even care."

"The only people who had to be taught were you and your husband. And that would be Acceptance." Emily said.

"I have nothing else to say. I want a lawyer. I want a lawyer so leave me, and go do your real job." I stared at her and Emily scoffed slightly.

"There won't be much to put up with your lawyer." Emily said making Mrs.Young look over at her with a confused expression on her face as she picked at her nails anxiously.

"What does that mean?"

"Your husband already confessed to everything. The physical and sexual abuse that both of you forced onto your daughter. There is no case, and I can promise you that you will go to jail for what you did. " I said standing up. Mrs.Young looked up and she bit her nail shaking her head.

"He forced me to do it."

"I'm sure he did." Emily said.

Emily walked over to the door and opened it. I followed her out of the room, leaving Mrs.Young alone as she yelled after us claiming her 'innocence' in the situation.

"I'm glad that's settled now, but that helped us go nowhere towards this case." Emily said crossing her arms again as she looked me in the eyes.

"Actually, it helped us quiet a lot." She raised her eyebrows obviously confused. I shook my head, and walked out into the main police office area, searching for the rest of the team.