29

Aaron's Pov:

"That'll be all." I said as I got up from the uncomfortable faded white couch I was sitting on with emily, then walked out of the humid room into the air conditioned hallway which felt nice. Emily came behind me and shut the door making sure Luke didn't leave.

"Well..I hate to say this but I think that Luke is way too disorganized to be our killer." I stated when Emily was soon next to me. She nodded in agreement crossing her arms over her chest taking a small step back.

"I was thinking that too. I mean some parts of his story didn't make sense to me, like how he forgot to bring up his crazy ex boyfriend? That sounds like our number one suspect. Why wouldn't he say something sooner?"

"He could be covering for him. They could've worked together to kill Henry."

"Why would they do that?" She asked following me as we walked back to the conference room. I shook my head not knowing the exact answer to give. There were a lot of theories on what could've happened running through my head but I couldn't focus on any of them for whatever reason. All I could seem to focus on was Emily.

That sounds weird, but just the way she was getting so involved in this case made me concerned for her own well being. I know I hardly know her but seeing what the last case did to her..I don't want her to get hurt like that again. I didn't want any member of my team getting hurt like that, but there's nothing I could do to help it. This was all part of the job and they needed to learn how to cope with it themselves.

"Hotch?" She asked in a soft voice and I looked seeing her brown eyes staring at me making me clear out my throats with a grunt and shake my head.

"I'm not sure. We can talk with the team, have Garcia look into things and come up with some reason why together. Besides for all we know the ex and Luke may not even be involved it could be a set up."

"Right." She said.

"So did you get anything?" JJ asked when we came back inside the room, I nodded and watched as Emily took a seat.

"He didn't think to mention this but his ex has been apparently stalking him ever since they ended things." Emily said raising her eyebrows, JJ looked at us confused. Morgan searched for the right words to phrase together before speaking.

"So this guy didn't find it suspicious that his boyfriend was just murdered and he had a stalker ex?" He asked.

"Apparently he didn't think it was relevant considering how he changed his name and moved."

"Wow." JJ whispered.

"Alright, while Garcia's doing backgrounds on those two we need to look back ourselves and make sure that we didn't miss any sort of connection from the other victims." I said.

"You really think Garcia could miss something on someone?"  Morgan asked raising his eyebrows at me.

"He has a point she's the best of the best." Rossi commented leaning back into his chair that he was in.

"Well Greg's oldest daughter said that Greg had a girlfriend a while back, maybe we could try to contact her as well?" JJ asked and I nodded.

"That's a good idea. How long ago did they end things?"

"She said around two or three years ago but I mean she must know something because Greg was pretty private from his daughters and apparently crazy strict on them."

"Alright go get her name from the daughters and I'll have Garcia send us everything she can on her as well."

"Wow Garcia really deserves a raise from all of this." Rossi said and I nodded.

"Agreed." I responded.