2

Aaron's Pov:

"Morning." I said as my son came down the stairs dressed for school.

He stayed silent and made his way over to the couch, trying to avoid me. I wish I could've avoided this conversation.

I wish he wouldn't have caused that whole situation yesterday.

"You know we're going to have to talk about what happened yesterday." I tried not to sound harsh but it came out harsh anyways.

"I fell." He said shrugging not meeting my eyes.

"Jack." I said with a deep sigh. He was only six, but still, it didn't mean he could just do whatever he wanted when he wanted.

"Emily was there." He said defensively which made me cringe.

Emily.

He makes it sound like he's known her for years.

"Jack what did I tell you about strangers?"

"She's our neighbor. She's not strange." he said confused.

I shook my head trying not to yell at him.

Emily wasn't someone I could just trust.

I didn't even know the girls last name how was I supposed to trust her?

She had my son for two hours, but there was no way I could explain how bad it sounds to Jack.

He wouldn't understand, maybe when he's older. But for now I was just the bad guy to him for not letting him be around her any more.

"I don't care if they are someone your age. You don't go near anyone you don't know, or any adult who says they are friends with me unless its your aunt, Jennifer, Penelope, David, Derek or Spencer, or anyone else that you know."

"Or Emily." Jack added with a slight innocent smile.

"What did I-"

"She has Popsicles!"

"I know I saw you having one yesterday when you came home from being gone for two hours. Your aunt called me having a panic attack, I had to come home from work."

He stayed silent.

"I didn't ask you to come home." He mumbled not meeting my eyes.

I looked at him, a little hurt.

"No, but your aunt did."

"I didn't ask her to call you either."

"Why did you sneak out yesterday when your aunt wasn't looking, after she said you couldn't play outside?"

He shrugged and picked at a loose thread on the blanket that was on the couch.

"I'm sorry I made you miss work. I know it's important to you." He said sarcastically

I glanced over at the clock and shook my head. I knew this conversation was going to lead in to a fight.

"Jack I told you if you ever have a problem with my work schu-"

"When can I see Emily again?" he asked cutting me off

And I wasn't up for it, with everything else going on, with work, with Foyet still out there I couldn't fight with the only person I loved.

"Go get your backpack your going to be late for school. We're not done talking about this though." I said changing the subject off of the stranger who was now apparently my son's bestfriend.

He hopped off of the couch and ran upstairs quickly.

I grabbed my car keys, coat and go bag as I went to the kitchen to grab Jack's lunch too.

When I made it back to the living room I saw him go out the front door.

"Jack come on your going to be late." I said as he took his time getting into the car, I put his lunch next to him in the back seat.

"Okay, okay." He said groaning as he finally settled into his seat, putting his seatbelt on, after struggling with it.

I started up the car, and pulled out of the driveway heading my way towards Jack's school, hoping I'd have a case today so I wouldn't have to have that talk again later with him.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Are you guys liking this book so far or no?