24

Emily's Pov:

My phone alarm blasted through the quiet room and echoed off the walls ringing into my ears causing a groan to come out of my mouth as I reached for the phone. I kept my face in my pillow and accepted the call putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Good morning sunshine. We have a case." Garcia's voice said in her happy tone and I rolled over so I was staring at my ceiling seeing it was still light outside.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Six at night. Were you really asleep this whole time?" She asked and I rubbed my eyes sitting up.

"You weren't?" I asked my voice dry.

"Oh baby, don't worry you'll get used to the schedule. Now come on I'll make sure there's coffee for you when you come."

"Okay I'm on my way." I said.

"Great." She said and hung up. I put my phone down next to me and stayed in the bed for a few more minutes processing that I needed to get up. When I finally managed to get up I turned on the light and brushed through my tangled up hair figuring out what I was gonna wear along with what I was gonna pack in my go bag.

When I walked through the glass doors I saw Garcia talking with Spencer at his desk and they both saw me which caused the smile on her face to grow as she turned around and then faced forwards having a mug in her hand.

"As promised my lady."

"Oh my god you're a life savor I thought you were joking about that." I said smiling.

"Oh please this was no problem, I'm just happy that you're staying." I tilted my head at her and felt my heart warm up from her. Spencer leaned back in his chair crossing his arms at Garcia.

"What?" She asked noticing his body language towards her.

"Nothing..just you know you never make me coffee." He said and she nodded.

"Mmhm yeah because every time I do there's always something wrong with it that you need to go fix it and what's the point of it?"

"Well if you wouldn't put so much sugar in it then-"

"Okay woah before you two start cutting at one another's throats where is everyone?" I asked looking around the empty office.

"Still coming."

"And here I thought I was gonna be late. Why are you two here so early?"

"Oh I have to come in early with Hotch and look over cases." Garcia said and looked down at Reid.

"I was reading and lost track of time apparently.." he said shrugging.

"Right." I said quietly taking a sip of the warm coffee then turned back to Garcia.

"So you said you came in early with Hotch?"

"Yup. Oh and I told him that you're staying with us so now it's confirmed and you can't leave." I laughed and nodded.

"Has anyone ever mentioned to you how persuasive you are?" I asked.

"Oh we tell her all the time." Reid said.

"Oh oh come here." Garcia said as she grabbed my arm making me surprised as she dragged me across from Reid leading me to an empty desk.

"What's this?" I asked. My eyes scanned the desk seeing bright little toys and fluffy glittery pens in a rainbow colored cup.

"This is your desk. I can't believe I almost let this slip my mind, now I know maybe these things aren't your style and that's fine we can rearrange and compromise-"

"I love it. I can tell you put a lot of thought into it and I appreciate that."

"Really?" She asked.

"Really?" Reid asked in a less enthusiastic tone compared to Garcia's and I gave him a look then nodded.

"I mean no ones ever really done something like this for me..thank you."

"Aww much love." She said hugging me.

"Oh we're hugging?" JJ's voice asked as we pulled away and Garcia nodded as she pulled her in for a hug too.

"Count me in ladies." Derek's voice added and I laughed turning and seeing them walking over towards us.

"Oh and look you managed to make it gross already." JJ said parting Derek's shoulder lightly making him scoff.

"Alright my bad." He said sucking his hands up defensively.

"Hey guys were meeting on the jet now, Garcia you're coming with us." Hotch said as he came out of his office and walked down the stairs in a hurry.

"Is it that bad of a case?" Reid asked looking over at Garcia and she just shook her head like she was in surprise too.

"I guess it must be." She said.

"Let's go get this case over with." Derek whispered tiredly heading to Garcia's office so he could go get her bag to carry as well, Garcia followed behind him while JJ and Reid headed out the glass doors. I followed them to the elevators and took a deep breath in.

"You okay?" JJ asked.

"Yeah. Sorry I'm just tired." I lied not wanting to admit I was nervous for another case already, the last one ended terribly only god knows how this ones going to end out.

"I'm sure you'll be able to get some sleep on the jet." Reid said.

"Usually that only happens for you Spence. For me at least, after discussing the case makes it difficult to go to sleep without dreaming about all that stuff." JJ said and then met my eyes managing a shrug.
"I mean I'm not saying that's for everyone-I'm sorry I don't want to freak you out anymore then you are I should've stay quiet."

"No it's fine." I said laughing as we walked onto the elevator watching JJ press the button to go down to the jet.