Chapter 15

"Alanna, you won't stop smiling and it's creeping me out," Lea commented, causing me to blush.

     I stared at her blankly, unsure of how to respond. I just couldn't stop thinking about him.

     Lea crossed her arms over her chest, staring at me with an expression of curiosity. I had a bad feeling about it.

     "There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?"

     I fought back a look of surprise. Lea had only known me for three months, but it seemed like she knew me more than any of my previous friends. That had been a good thing until now.

     "Lea, I'm not," I lied half-heartily.

     "Really Alanna? You're going to lie to my face?" She narrowed her eyes at me. "You'd been depressed for the past week over the incident with Brianna, and suddenly you won't stop gushing. I'm guessing something happened between you and Donovan."

     I sighed, ready to tell her everything. Ever since we kissed I had wanted to tell someone about it and express all of the feelings. However, I had been afraid of getting caught, so I kept it to myself. Now I realized how pointless that was. No matter what, I would be on top of Brianna.

     "Fine, something had happened and is kind of still happening between Donovan and I," I said, lowering my voice despite being in my own room with the door shut.

     Lea's eyes widened slightly, causing me to smile. Curiosity was written across her flawless face and I knew I wouldn't let her down with the piece of information I was about to give her.

     "The day Brianna slapped me, Donovan came to comfort me," I continued. "He treated the slap and we kind of shared a moment during that. I couldn't help it during our moment and... I kissed him. We made out after that."

     Lea's jaw dropped and her eyes bulged out of her sockets. She stared at me for a few seconds speechless, causing me to blush in both embarrassment and shame. I had a bad feeling she thought I was a slut.

     Finally regaining herself, she asked, "This is continuing?"

     "Yeah." I looked at my feet that were placed on the beige carpet Donovan usually sat on. "Two days ago he confronted me about it and I kissed him again."

     Lea leaned back on the wooden chair I had finally placed in my room. She suddenly seemed tired as she ran her fingers through her black hair.

     "Wow Alanna. I can't believe you didn't tell me about any of this until now."

      "I'm sorry," I said sincerely. "I was afraid Brianna would find out."

     "You aren't anymore?"

     "No, I am. I just trust you a lot."

     Lea smiled at me. "Okay, I forgive you now."

     I smiled back, suddenly feeling relieved of the weight on my shoulders. Finally someone knew about my huge secret, the secret that could cause me to lose everything I had. It didn't seem like Lea was judging me about it either.

     "So, are you and Donovan a thing?" Lea asked me, now leaning forward.

     I shook my head. "No, but I told him to go with the flow, so I think our make out sessions are going to continue."

     "And he's still with Brianna, right?" Lea asked.

     I nodded my head, beginning to feel uncomfortable. I had a bad feeling about what was about to happen.