Chapter 27

Anger was what I felt at the very moment. Anger that boiled in my veins, making me want to punch something to let go of some of it. Knowing I couldn't do that, I settled for sighing and closing my eyes as I lay down on my bed tiredly. Donovan wasn't mine I needed to realize. He was technically still Brianna's. 

     That made my veins boil all over again. I couldn't believe it still. Just yesterday Donovan had told me he liked me back and now he was spending New Years with Brianna. They were apparently having the biggest date ever and I hated it. I liked him and he liked me back. Shouldn't that be us? Shouldn't he be breaking up with Brianna now?

     Sitting up, I placed my head in my hands. I never knew having reciprocated feelings could be this much of a hassle. I always knew it caused unnecessary problems, but this was insane. The guy I liked was currently on a date with the girl he was dating the day after he said he liked him. That was messed up and I had to admit I was incredibly jealous and a bit hurt.

     Realizing I didn't have any work today, due to it being New Years, I decided to go to Lea's room. I needed to fill her in with the news that used to be good, so I might as well. I also was in need of a good distraction from my aching heart. She was the best option for that.

     Getting up, I walked out of my room in my blue tank top and black pyjama pants. It wasn't like I was on the job so I was allowed to look like a mess. I was definitely feeling like a mess anyways, so I might as well show it to the world.

     Reaching her room that was eight doors down from mine, I knocked on it. Lea soon opened it with a huge smile on her face. She looked amazing as I scanned her cute lace black dress and curled hair. I wondered where she was off to.

     "Hey," she said grinning. "What's up?"

     "Nothing," I said casually. "I'm just bored."

     She tilted her head with curiosity evident in her eyes. "Okay, come in."

     I walked into her room and sat on her bed. It was cleaner than usual to my surprise. This was probably her New Years resolution.

     Lea soon joined me on the bed and dangled her legs from the bed, a habit she had. I smiled at her, admiring how beautiful she was. Sometimes I wondered if she had came to this mansion before me, would Donovan have gone after her?

     "What's wrong?" Lea suddenly asked, snapping me out of my negative thoughts.

     "Nothing," I lied. "Just thinking."

     "About what?" she asked curiously.

     "Donovan."

     She raised an eyebrow, studying me with curiosity. I could finally let her assumption be right. That would make her day.

     "What happened?" she eventually asked.

     I sighed, suddenly feeling nervous. "I told him I liked him yesterday."

     "You what!" she exclaimed.

     I blushed as she stared at me with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. Lea was a quiet person, so seeing her exclaim that loudly was a surprise.

     "When! What happened?" she continued exclaiming.

     I blushed harder. "We went skating together and it was really fun. I felt close to him and when he saved me from falling, I realized I actually really like him. I then kissed him and confessed."

     "Aw," Lea said grinning. "What was his reply?"

     I shifted awkwardly in my spot. "He told me he liked him back."