Chapter 25

I glanced up at Donovan from where I was mopping in the main hall. To my delight, he was already staring at me. As our eyes met the corner of his lip twitched up to create an adorable half smile. Remembering that Brianna was in the same room as us, I looked away and focused on mopping.

As I mopped, I thought about Donovan. I thought about us, what we had begun in the three weeks we had gotten to know each other better in. It wasn't easy to explain, but I felt closer to him. I felt something pulling me towards him wherever I was and it wasn't just curiosity. It was something else, something bigger. Something that was itching at the back of my heart but wouldn't come out yet. I had no idea what it was.

"Alanna." I heard Brianna say, snapping me out my thoughts.

I looked up at her and saw that she was staring at me, seeming to be annoyed. Her lip was pursed and her eyes were narrowed at me.

"Donovan and I are going back to my room. When you're done come there," she said.

"Okay," I replied, smiling.

I then watched as Brianna walked up to Donovan and took his hand in hers. He intertwined his fingers with hers and smiled down at her. I pulled my eyes away, feeling bothered by the sight.

For some reason I still didn't like the idea of them together. I still found it unfair that Brianna was dating a guy as amazing as him. It wasn't that I hated Brianna as much as I used to, but she still wasn't a good person. She definitely didn't deserve Donovan either.

I wouldn't do anything to change the fact that she didn't deserve him though. For the past three weeks I'd also been acting like the perfect maid for her. That was probably why she wasn't as rude to me as she previously was. I could tell she was slowly becoming willing to give me a raise, which was great because that was what I originally wanted from sucking up to her. My hard work was finally paying off.

I decided to mop quicker because I hated working alone. It was just so boring that I actually rather be in Brianna's presence - when she was with Donovan - than alone. My life was already unextraodinary, so I preferred to do things to make it less boring than it already was.

In about ten minutes, I finished mopping the entire main hall. It was spotless despite my rushed work. Pride welled up in me as I quickly placed my mop into a bucket, placed it a corner of the room, and walked up the stairs. I had to admit my rush may of been more due to Donovan. I just loved staring at his gorgeous face knowing he would most likely be staring back at me. The whole situation was dangerous, but that only made it better.

I quickly walked down the long, narrow hallway to Brianna's room. The door was closed - as usual - but instead of knocking on it, I just opened it and stepped inside. By now I thought I was welcomed whenever to her room. It wasn't like I interrupted anything either. Well, until today.

As I stepped into the room, my eyes widened as I saw what Donovan and Brianna were doing. They were having an intense make out session on Brianna's bed. Brianna was laying down and Donovan was on top of her. To my disgust, Brianna had her legs wrapped around Donovan as they made out like they were starved of each other. Donovan also had his hands on Brianna, holding her waist to him. For the first time ever, he looked like he actually wanted her.

I looked away as my heart sunk a bit. For some reason I hated the sight. I hated it so much that I felt like running out of the room. I felt sick, disgusted as I just stared at the ground awkwardly as they didn't seem to notice me. It was like I was invisible, which was what I wished I was as I heard their mouths attack each other.

In a minute, Brianna shrieked. My head flew up as I looked to where they were. Brianna was now sitting up and Donovan was sitting beside her. She was glaring at me with a look of disgust on her face, but I also noticed a smug attitude from the shape of her lips. It was like she was happy I saw them because she had just marked her property. Anger welled up within me.