Epilogue

A year had past. A year of me learning how to write creatively, to write what I wanted without any restraints. So far, I absolutely loved university and everything it had offered me.

     Right now, I was sitting in class, near the exact middle of the room. I was early to class along with a few other people because we all loved writing, so we would come here to write as early as possible. My incredible teacher allowed this, so I was now getting ready to write a journal about the past year.

     The last year had been hectic at first. When I got home my parents freaked out about me getting fired, but then I told them that I would go to university. That made them beyond happy and we quickly created an application for me to go to Trillion university. One of the best universities in the area.

      It took me a week of endless working to get the application ready, and I barely made the deadline when I submitted my application. Two weeks later I was accepted to have an interview with one of the heads of the university. Three days after that, I had my interview.

      We talked about a lot of things, of varying topics. One of the main things being the fact that I was joining during second semester. I explained how I just discovered my passion through a lot of struggles, which touched the man, and I was quickly accepted after 'charming' him. Another two weeks later I began my first day at Trillion university. 

      I had been nervous, terrified actually. I knew no one and I still didn't know if going to university had been a good choice. Luckily though, my professor made me feel welcome and I quickly blended in with the class of people who loved to write. I didn't really have any friends except for this one girl I talked to sometimes, but I didn't mind. Right now all I needed was writing.

      Smiling to myself, I realized I had to answer one last question before I would be able to give in my journal to my professor, who sat at this large wooden desk. The question was; how do you feel about the past year?

      Looking up at the ceiling, I thought about it. It had definitely been peaceful. Way more peaceful than my six months at Brianna's mansion. There was no drama here, no boy problems, no insecurities. All that's here was my writing and I. I absolutely loved that, even though I missed a lot of things back home. Donovan being the biggest thing.

      I would be lying if I said I didn't still have feelings for Donovan. Honestly, I still thought about him constantly. I always wondered what he was currently doing and how he was, but I would never find out because he lived in a different province than I did. He was only here before due to Brianna, but they broke up. Well, that was what I presumed.

      Sighing, I thought about if I did regret leaving. The truth was always no, I absolutely didn't. Writing was something I loved. I loved it so much and I really wanted a career in it. From what everyone said, I would definitely get one. That made me feel great, which was not a feeling I felt as a maid. I had no regrets due to that. Well, maybe one.

      "Hey Alanna, what are you thinking about?"

      I flinched as my only friend, Jane's voice broke me out of my thoughts. Looking at her, I saw that she was grinning. Jane was a brunette with big brown eyes and curly hair. She was pretty and reminded me of Lea a bit. That made me miss Lea every time I saw Jane.

      "Nothing, just thinking of an answer for this question," I replied.

      Jane looked at the question I was pointing at, and frowned for a second. I was about to ask her about it, but she quickly replaced her frown with a smile.

     "Well, you love this course so aren't you happy?" she asked.

      I nodded. "Yeah, but I don't know. I guess I never expected to be here, in university. I especially didn't expect myself to love it."