Chapter 41

I was waiting for the train to come. I had already bought my ticket and I was now sitting on a dark wooden bench, waiting for it to come. There was about fifteen minutes left until it would come, so I was left alone to be bored.

      Looking around, I was surprised to see that there weren't a lot of people around the old train station. There was about ten, and they were all scattered around the area. I felt relieved by the fact because I just wanted to be alone to think about what had happened these past six months.

      A lot did happen. Things that I would never have expected to happen before this job. One example would be falling for someone like this. Never before had I been very serious with the guys I had previously been with. They had all been more for fun than serious, so being with Donovan had been hectic in a way where I couldn't control myself. That was probably why I did a lot things that I wouldn't have done for anyone else.

      Thinking about my wrong doings, I thought about Brianna. Brianna was actually the biggest mystery to me. More that Donovan had ever been. She was cruel, yet sweet. Beautiful, yet hideous. She was an oxymoron that kept switching between a positive and a negative side.

       Yet at the end of everything she had done to me, all of the wrongs and even firing me, I didn't hate her. I wouldn't say I loved her, but I didn't hate her. Brianna was the way she was for a reason. People like me and her mom gave her a reason to be a bitch. She was just trying to make sure nothing could hurt her, but in the end she still got hurt.

       Sighing, I shook my head. In just six months I had learned so much through people. People who I didn't think I would even associate myself with because they were rich. It was really funny how different your life could become in a blink of an eye. Before this job, I didn't even think of going to university. Now I was going after I went home and told my parents.

      "Alanna."

       My head snapped up from where I was staring at. I had heard someone call my name. Someone that sounded familiar, but I assumed I was just going insane. Sighing, I went back to staring at the gray cement ground.

      "Alanna, over here."

      My head snapped up again, and this time I looked around for the owner of the voice. To my surprise, it was the last person I expected to see me after our heartfelt goodbyes. The one person that could make my heart hammer against my chest, despite still feeling a bit sad about going home from a job that had given me so many memories.

      "Donovan," I said, getting up from the bench. "What are you doing here?"

      I walked over to where he stood, two meters away from me. He was wearing a black coat and black pants, seeming to be mourning over something. I fought back a smile as I felt secure in his presence. He was just so comforting because he knew me so well.

      "This was my original plan," Donovan replied, smiling down at me as I now stood in front of him. "I wanted to say goodbye to you as you went home, but that's changed."

      "Why?" I asked confused.

     "Because you're coming home with me."

      My eyes widened as I stared at him shocked. From his serious yet smiling expression, I knew he was dead serious. I knew that he meant what he was saying. My heart lightened up drastically.

      "Really?" I asked, still shocked. "What do you mean I'm coming home with you?"

      "Well, I decided to get you hired as a maid at my mansion," Donovan said. "You'll get paid more than you ever had in any other job, and we can still be together. In secret for a bit, but I'll soon tell my parents. They have to understand once they see you."