Chapter 37

I groaned, feeling anxious about what would happen between Donovan and I. We did see each other everyday, but it wasn't the same because we couldn't act like a couple. We had to be 'just friends' until he broke up with Brianna.

I felt extra nervous about that because if Donovan wasn't able to break up with Brianna and was sent to military school, I would feel horrible. Obviously I wasn't worth that, so I hoped his parents weren't that cruel. I doubt they were because he said they weren't before.

Sighing, I decided to take initiative and do something other than mope around my room. It had been forever since I had spoken to Lea, so it was time for me to fill her in with my life. I was also curious about her own life as well. Honestly, I hoped her life complications had been resolved like mine, but for her completely. There was still a few complications left in my life.

Getting up, I threw on a gray sweater as I realized people were still working at this time. For some reason Brianna had felt like letting me finish working early. She seemed to have softened up to me from our last talk, and I was happy to know I was not being a horrible person to her. I did feel bad about the fact that Donovan would break up with her though, but then I remembered that it would be for the best. Donovan didn't love her in that way, and she deserved someone who did. She'd find that person with Donovan gone.

After putting on the sweater and making my hair a bit neater, I left my room and went to Lea's. Hers was nearby so I made it there in about thirty seconds. Knocking on the door, I waited for Lea to open up the door. She soon did.

"Hey," I said, smiling at her. "It's been a while."

Lea smiled back at me. "Hey, it has been. Come in."

Lea walked away and I followed her to her bed. I sat down on it first and crossed my legs. She then did the same thing as well. We weren't facing each other as we sat. Actually, we were staring at the closed door. For some reason there was an awkward tension surrounding us. Probably because it had been forever since we'd last talk.

"I can't believe we haven't talked for so long," I said, still staring at the door.

"I know right. Things have been hectic here," Lea said.

I glanced at her to see that she was already looking at me. "Things have definitely been hectic here."

Lea quirked an eyebrow up as she seemed to take in what I was trying to hint out. "So, what's has happened since we last spoke?"

"A lot."

I then proceeded to tell Lea everything. Starting from Brianna choking at the party, to Leonardo talking to me, to my breakup with Donovan, to Ms. Rose's talk with me, and then to finally getting back together with Donovan. The entire time I spoke, I spoke with anger, an anger I had been feeling the entire time I went through these events. Honestly, life was so unfair at times. I didn't think I deserved such a hectic life.

As I finished my tale, Lea's eyes were bulging out of their sockets as she stared at me. She had missed a lot I had realized, but I was happy that I was now able to fill her in. I felt relieved to get everything off of my chest. For quite some time it had been weighing me down.

"Wow." Lea shook her head in shock. "I can't believe I missed all that."

"Yeah, things have been pretty hectic here work wise as well," I said gently.

"But still, wow." Lea sighed. "So Donovan still needs to break up with Brianna."

"Yeah," I said. "I'm scared. What if it doesn't work out?"