Two

A/N: Nick's pic on the side..

----

Two

"Ahh...." I almost screamed with frustration. The guy was obviously trying to kill me, or me killing him.

Ms. Harp got out of the room when she heard me. She had a confused and worried look on her face.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked, looking between the jerk and me.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "He won't leave me alone." I said and pointed at his direction.

"In my defense Ms. Harp, she wouldn't allow me to explain myself why I was doing it." he said, with a smirk on his face while raising both of his hands sheepishly. He was totally enjoying my meltdown.

Ms. Harp sighed and tsked, a smile slowly formed on her face.

"What?" I asked. Now, I was lost.

"He is supposed to be your guide today, Ms. Hale. He was tasked to show you around school and help you with your class. He is the student representative for the whole senior class. I thought you were told on this when you got your schedule..." she explained to me.

"I didn't hear such thing. And, besides, I don't need one. But, thanks anyways... "I said. Then, added sternly, "Now, can I be left alone?"

She looked at me for a moment then sighed; I think my face indicated that I wasn't joking around. "Sure."

I looked at him, trying to not glare and said, "Thank you."

He gave me a smile in return. The smile made his eyes sparkle, now that I was looking at him straight in the eyes. His eyes were a shade of blue that had a small tint of green. It was very alluring and captivating.

I looked away too soon, making it obvious that I was checking him out. Though, who in their right mind can't, he was gorgeously good looking.

His brown, messy hair was done effortlessly that made him look like a bad boy, with his soft tan skin, and well built figure, he could pull off as a model. He doesn't look like just your average teenage popular guy, he was beyond that.

I snapped out of it before it gets anywhere near to anything. That thought alone could kill me inside out, I refuse to be attracted to guys like that, they are always trouble. I walked towards my locker without a backward glance in his direction. I refuse to feel a thing to a heartless player. And if you guess right, I have a bad history with men.

With that, I skipped lunch. My mood dropped to its lowest possible state because of that jerk. I went to the library, needing some distraction, and a book always works out for me. So, that is what I did.

By the time the afternoon class started, my stomach was empty and I was not in the mood to be around any living, breathing human being. I entered the gym, my next class, with a dark atmosphere. I mentally thank the teacher when she didn't let us change for gym clothes since she was going to discuss the subject on the class for the next few weeks, which was volleyball.

I silently sat further away from the class, trying to seem inconspicuous. My mood started to lighten up when I realized that the class I'm with has new faces. So, that means the jerk was not in this class. I sighed in relief that I was only going to see him just half of the day; it would be torturous if I were to see him whole day.

When the next class finally came, my mood changed three sixty degrees. I was pumped up and almost ran to get to the room fast. Music and Art class, the door outside indicated. I almost smiled like an idiot when I read it. I turned the knob, feeling a little nervous.

As I walked in, there were already people inside. They turned and looked at me as entered and sat on the chair in the back.

"Hi there. Are you new here?" a girl who looked like a freshman than a senior approached me.

Before I answered her, I stop and assess her for a few seconds. She has a straight, platinum blond hair, petite, and she was wearing a cute fitted sun dress with a cardigan. She has a sweet and approachable aura around her. For a moment, I thought of myself when things weren't a mess as it was now.

"Yeah." I answered, giving her a soft smile.

"What's your name? I'm Madeline." She said, in a sweet voice, reaching a hand towards me.

I grab and shock it, answering her, "Natalie. But, you can call me Nat." I said in a softer tone. Her enthusiasm couldn't be ignored.

"Do you have someone to show you around yet, Nat?" she asked.

"I was supposed to have one, but it was not something I could tolerate and accept." I said with a grimace, remembering what happen this morning.

She giggled. I smiled as I heard her sweet laugh. My dilemma and bad mood this morning evaporated after that. I was absorbed with her just by the sound of her voice. It makes me feel like I used to be when I was just as happy and enthusiastic about life. She reminds me of who I was.

"I would love to take you around, if you like." She offered.

How could I refuse a person who just made me smile and remember the good old days? "Yes. I would love to." I answered.

Before she was about to say anything, a guy, who I categorize as trouble like Nick, joined us. When he reached my table, he put his hands around Madeline's waist like it was natural. Madeline just beamed as she saw him and the guy smiled back with a sly look. And from there body language, it was obvious they were a couple.

"Hey, Tony. I thought you would be late today." She said, after their short silent conversation with their eyes.

"I escaped." He answered with a smirk.

Around this time, I was glaring at the guy, who Madeline named Tony. I felt a rush of déjà vu just from looking at him and her. It was like looking at me from a past I don't want to relive again. I wanted to pull Madeline away from him, but held myself since they were strangers to me. But, that wasn't enough of a reason to drop my watchful gaze.

"Oh. This is Nat. Nat; this is Tony, my boyfriend." She said gesturing from me to him.

"Hey." He said towards me, looking like he was bored. His approach toward me changes. He didn't smile.

"Hey." I said in the same tone.

"Be nice." Madeline said. I was stunned for a moment, thinking whether she said that to me or to him. Then, I looked towards her. She was looking at him, still in the same loving state.

He looked back, and gave her an answering smile. He turned around and walked away after he kissed her cheek. She looked at his retreating bach for a while before turning her attention to me. I just smile as I watched her. She was definitely in love.

"Sorry about that. He doesn't really interact well with others. He's really nice if you get to know him..." she said, defending him.

"It's okay." I said, not wanting to be who I usually am, rude, and gave her a soft smile.

When the teacher entered the room, she sat in the chair beside me. I was taken back a little. I thought she would walk away and seat beside her boyfriend. That gave her a plus for me.

"Good afternoon everyone. I'm going to be your advisor for this class for the rest of the year, since the previous teacher resigned." The teacher started. "I'm Lauren Levitt. I just recently graduated last year with a major in advertising, and a minor on classical music. Though the two doesn't match, to me they do. I don't care what others think of it." she said, and laughed at her own memory as she paused.

"Ms. Levitt? Are we still able to do our thing like what Mrs. Scotts does?" a student said after her introduction.

"Yeah. Why not?"she said with a smile. "What do you usual do anyway?" she asked, sheepishly.

The student's laugh at that, then someone answered her. "She mostly let us creates something for an hour or so and shows it to class."

"Right. We could do that." She said, and then added. "But, not today. Let's first get to know each other. Tell me your name, also a little thing about yourself and the field you are concentrating." she paused and glance towards our seat. "You ladies at the back start." She gestured towards us.

Madeline stood up without second thought and started introducing herself.

"Hi. I'm Madeline Heartfield. I'm 17, but people think I'm younger than that. They guy over there..." she said, and paused to point at Tony, who was looking at her with a smirk on his face. "... is my Boyfriend. And, I'm fond of sweet things. My area of expertise is the Violin." She said and beamed. The class laughed and clapped their hands as she finished.

I was nervous when I realize that it was my turn. I slowly stood up, and tried to ignore the stares that people around the room gave me. Though there were only 15 of us, it was still considered a crowd to me.

"Hi. I'm Natalie Hale. I'm 17. I just recently transferred from another school, so I'm pretty much new. I love to draw and take pictures." I said, then sat down as I finished. People clapped their hands just like they did with Madeline. Then the cycle continued until everyone introduces themselves.

When everyone finished, Ms. Levitt instructed us to group ourselves in a threes. Madeline asked me to be with her and Tony. I accepted the offer though I wasn't comfortable with Tony. We sat together at the back. After we grouped ourselves, Ms. Levitt gave us instruction to make anything under an hour and thirty minutes to present in front of the class. The catch was there should be an explanation and meaning behind it.

"How about we compose a song? I already have a tune in mind." Madeline said as the teacher gave the go sign to start our work.

"I'm open to anything as long as I don't have to sing and play a thing." I said.

"That would mean you wouldn't do any thing." Madeline said, with a disappointed look.

"You got me there. But, really, I'm no good in the musical field." I explained, trying to sound real. Though, it isn't all true. I do know how to play the guitar a little.

We walked towards the back of the room where a piano, a drum set, a guitar, and other instruments were placed. I settled myself near the piano, but Tony claimed that area as he sat there and started to play softly to himself while Madeline tuned her violin.

I waited patiently for them, having a gut feeling that they were going to play something together. When Madeline finished, Tony stopped playing and looked at her. Madeline hands him a music sheet and he took it without question. He studies it for awhile before putting it in front of him.

With a signal that I didn't notice, they both started playing in sync. I closed my eyes, letting the sound envelope around me. It was soft and mellow at first, then the pace and beat change as it got to a chorus, then ended in a soft, sweet finish. I never heard of it, and knew it was an original.

"Did you compose that?" I asked Madeline after they finish.

"Not really. Tony helped some of it." she said, then smiled at her lover.

"That was really beautiful." I said, and clapped my hands.

For the rest of the time, they played it twice, improving some parts while I thought of a meaning behind it. I was sitting in the desk I claimed and started brainstorming. The tune was calm but has an edge to it. It could be a love song, or a break up song, or just a song telling about life itself. Then, something clicked. I wrote it down while it was still fresh and fixed it when I was done with the draft. Fifteen minutes before we were about to present, I handed my work to Madeline for her to read and judge.

Then, she started reading it aloud, "The song has its moments of ups and downs, just like how life works. Surely, we could all relate to it since we're all living. In life, we live through challenges from the simplest thing like what to wear, or how I'm doing my hair today? From the hardest decisions in life like the choice of whom to love; but, this song is more suited on the tales about love. Life is Love. For in life we find love, and in love there is life. It can be sweet in the beginning and the end, but the journey in between is what makes it lovelier."

She paused for a moment after she finished reading it, and looked at me and smiled. When I listened to her read, and hear the words come out of her mouth, it felt like it wasn't me who wrote it but the person who I used to be. I couldn't help and feel pity for myself, I was a mess.

"That was beautifully written, Nat. I love it." Madeline said, interrupting my train of thought.

"Thanks Madeline." I said, feeling grateful though I was not happy that I wrote uncharacteristic of me.

"Oh. Please call me Maddy... and you're welcome." She replied and beamed at me.

I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. She really does remind me of who I used to be. A person who loves to smile, and loves to love. Then, I looked away trying to seem distracted about something, and frowned at myself. Where did that part of me go? Then, all the things that happened to me which caused me to change came rushing in my mind. I sighed, knowing that it could never be the same again.

----

Hey lovely readers.. this is the end of chapter two.. I know its been 3 days since i updated it.. i have work to do having summer classes... anyways, here it is..

I hope you like it. if you do, i appreciate a vote, and if you want to comment, then please do.. I would appreciate the gesture..

Thank you and Enjoy!

Til next chapter..

...Melon Diaries...

Bitter Sweet LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara