Twenty nine

Twenty Nine

The days wasn't supposed to be that way. I never planned it to go bad. Why do I always flip everything good to something tragic? Now, I'm walking away from a scene that I just relatively ruin by not letting the person get inside my head. How can I when the person I am referring to is the one who made my life very difficult than it already is?

As I was walking away from Nick, who I didn't notice following behind me, I didn't regard someone standing just a few feet away from me, waiting me to notice him. I was startled when the person grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him.

"Princess... Hey!" the person said as he gripped my arm.

"Lance? What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked, startled.

"I saw you come in here... " he explained. "Do you have time? Can we talk?" he added.

"Uhm... Yeah, sure."I replied, thinking twice about going with him. I was slightly taken back from his forwardness, but I didn’t have the time to think twice about it. I wanted it to be over and done.

As we were walking towards a direction which he was leading me, I had the sudden gut feeling of backing down from his offer. Yet, before I could react on it, some stranger approached us like he was excepting us. I turn around slightly, ready to ran away; but, I couldn’t. Lance is holding my arm in a tight grip that seems to get tighter. I was going to scream and shoved him away, but the stranger lunged towards me with a handkerchief ready on the palm of his hands, and place it on my face. Then, the next thing I knew, I blackout.

I don’t know who many minutes, hours or days I was locked up in a darkroom, which was my first guess. Then, I felt the floor rumbled and I was jumping up and down in place; so, I knew that I was inside a car, and to be specific, a van. I felt my mouth being taped since I couldn’t move them to shout, and my arms and legs tied since I couldn’t move them to get away. I was sure I am being kidnapped. Though I somehow seem calm, that isn’t true. My heart is thumping so fast, my breathing increase. I felt suffocated. My eyes slightly adjusted to the dark surrounding which made me notice that I was tied to a steel bar by the front of the car.

I was on the verge of breaking down. Though my family was well known and rich, I was never victimize on any kidnapping or any horrible things. my father was involve with the dark side of business, which made the family impossible to touch in both sides, the good and bad.

I patiently wait until the car stopped to planned out my escape. I know it’s risky, but I didn’t have much choice since I don’t know where I am. If I were to escape, I would just get lost and they’ll find me and kill me for escaping. So, I’ll just have to play along until I know it’s safe.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. My heart started to pick up again as I wait and see who is my kidnapper, which I hope that they didn’t cover their faces. For one thing, I knew Lance was in it. But, why? Who does he work for?

“Hey, Princess. You’re awake.” Lance greeted, getting inside the van towards me.