Seven

Seven

Two weeks have passed since I started to go to school here. I have already created an imaginary enemy on a guy who annoys the hell out of me. I made into the school's most talked about topic since the guy who kept annoying me was none other than Nicholas Sander, the most popular guy in school.

You think I intended this to happen to me? I didn't, it just sort of happen.

As I was walking toward my locker, I stopped on my tracks when I saw Robert (Rob) Sanders leaning on my locker, smirking at me. I let out a deep sigh and walked on. People looked at me as I walked towards him, some girls even snob at me because Rob has my attention. And just like his cousin, Robert Sander is popular around school, especially with girls, but not as much as Nick.

I'm not stuck in a love triangle. It was just these two guys doesn't get the message.

"Hey beautiful lady. Why the long face?" he asked, looking like he was concerned.

"Drop the act, Sanders. I'm not in the mood." I said, and shoved him away so that I can open my locker.

"Feisty today are we." He murmured but chuckled at my actions.

I ignored him and gathered up my books.

"Why do you call me Sanders and him his name?" he asked curiously.

I close my locker and look at him. "Why? You don't like your family name? Besides, it infuriates him that I call him Nicholas." I asked and stated the obvious fact about Nick hating his real name.

"Wait... you think I meant Nick?" he asked, his lips in a thin line, trying to not smirk.

"I know you meant Nick." I said confidently and walk away from him, towards my first class.

When I reached the room of my first class, the devil himself appeared. For the past weeks, it was only one day, not including the weekend, which he left me alone. I sighed in frustration as he stopped in front of me, blocking the entrance of the room.

"Move out of the way, Nicholas." I said with frustration. This happens almost every day.

"Don't be bitter, Hale. I know you like seeing me in the morning." He said with his signature, and very annoying, smirk.

"Whatever help you sleep better at night, Nicholas..."I answered back wearily, and pushed his hands out of the way so that I could slide pass him.

I thought my plan would have work, but my reflexes betrayed me. In a blink of an eye, Nick's arm was around me, holding me in place. His face was inches away from my left cheek that I could feel his warm breath caressing it. I stiffen with shock at the sudden position I was in.

"Got you..." he whispered, his breath sends chills in my ear.

"LET GO!!!" I scream, squirming out of his hold.

This isn't a position I was fond of. The last time someone holds me this close was that miserable cold night where I felt almost dying from immense pain and misery. I could almost visualize everything in my head like I was dragged back to that memory again. I continued to scream and shove to get away from it. Nick was stunned from my reaction that he let me go immediately, putting a huge distance between us. Everyone in the hallway and in the classroom crowded around us, wanting to know what happened.

As the situation became more out of hand, I was on the floor, curled up into a ball with my arm around myself. I started sobbing and my head started spinning. I don't know what was happening around me until someone grabbed my arm softly, tugging it up.

I looked who it was and saw Nick's blue eyes full of worry and regret. I don't know what made me snapped out of it, maybe it was his eyes, but I was slowly recognizing my surroundings.

"Natalie, I'm so sorry... I didn't know that... I'm sorry..." Nick said to me trailing off in a whisper, his voice thick with guilt.

I took a deep breath and slowly gave him a soft smile. "No. I'm sorry. I over reacted to the situation. It's just that... I don't normally..." I started but struggled to explain to him about my reaction.

"Are you okay, Ms. Hale?" Mr. Rupert, our history teacher, interrupted, appearing out of nowhere.

"Not really..." I answered wearily. I looked at the crowd that was crowded in a circle round us and felt my cheek redden.

"Well... Okay... you can go to the clinic if you feel unwell." He said calmly to me. "As for anyone here, who isn't in my class, you all may go or it's detention for anyone who lingers." He added aloud, facing the crowd outside the room. As for the people who were inside the room, they went back to their seats as Mr. Rupert called the class's attention.

I lingered by the door for a moment, debating whether or not to go to the clinic, but went to my seat since I don't want people asking me unnecessary questions that concerned my past. I sat through all of my class in auto-pilot. Though I was never in a good mood, but it was better before than his miserable feeling I was having. It was the effects of my sudden contact with a guy who held me in a way that triggered an awful memory. If people found out about my weird phobias, they'll think I'm crazy. As of right now, as I walk to lunch alone, people are already staring at me like I was crazy. I have the sudden urge to walk away and go home or just run away again, start all over. But, a small pat in my shoulder stopped my thoughts and reeled me back to the present.

"Nat, are you okay?" a soft-child like voice asked behind me.

I turned and smiled softly at her concerned face. "I'm fine Maddy." I answered.

"Nat, everybody is talking about you screaming first period because Nick hugged you. Is this true?" Chloe stated and asked, appearing beside me in thin air.

I turned and walked back towards the cafeteria with Maddy on my right and Chloe in my left, before I gave her my answer. "Yes. Yes, I did. And, now, I am sure he will never annoy me again." I said confidently with a smirk; though my insides were a knot from the lie.

Chloe laughed at what I said and Maddy giggled beside me. I couldn't help but join in with their enthusiasm. As we entered the cafeteria, everyone was looking at us laughing like there was no tomorrow.

As we reached the counter to get our food, Rob approached me with a playful salute.

"So I've heard you played Nick by screaming at him because he hugged you." He said as he reaches beside me, with an empty tray.

"So you have." I said, smirking. Then, I looked at the people lining up behind me, waiting for them to tell Rob to get in line. But, they just ignored him.

Rob understood my thoughts and said cockily with a playful smirk, "I'm popular. I have privileges."

"Right. Ladies man. Playboy. Got it." I said, stating the facts like it was a list.

"Ouch, you sure know how to hurt my feelings." He said, looking hurt.

I just rolled my eyes and continue getting my food. He waited and followed me all the way to the register and offered to pay for my food.

"You cannot pay for that... what's your reason?" I asked sternly.

"You made a fool out of my cousin. Even I can't do what you did." He said with a chuckle. "My treat for your success." He added.

I looked at him for a minute, trying to look like I was debating, but he did offer and I could save some money so that I can buy that Wide Lens I've been eying since I when to town. So I happily let him and we walked to our usual seat together. Maddy and Tony was already there since Tony got her lunch for her, and Chloe was still in line for the register. I sat in my usual seat and Rob sat on my right, Chloe's seat.

"You know that's Chloe's seat." I stated as we sat down.

"There's no name on it, is there?" he asked and started making himself comfortable.

I let it drop as I saw Chloe walking towards our seat, eyeing Rob with rage. Chloe smacked Rob at the back of his head demanding him to give her seat. But, Rob didn't easily give in and ask her what was so important about the seat. Instead of giving him a reply, she started blushing and gave up. She angrily put her tray down on the empty seat on my left. Maddy, Tony and I sat there silently looking at them back and forth. So, for the rest of the lunch period, Chloe and Rob didn't talk but I wasn't anymore in my miserable state. I went to all my afternoon class with a little more enthusiasm and buried what happen that morning like it never happened.

But, since my life was built about having nothing but bitterness in it, Nick surprised me by standing in front of my locker looking at me with a dead serious face. The hallway was almost silent since it was almost 5 in the afternoon. I stayed behind to finish the artwork I was doing for my last class.

"So I was just acting, deal with it Nicholas." I said wearily and annoyed as I reach a foot away from him.

"That wasn't a play. You were screaming for real. Don't act like it was a joke." He said seriously.

"Really? Am I that good that you think it was real?" I asked, flustered at his remark. But, my insides are turmoil, by stomach was in a knot from the lie.

"Why are you denying it? Are you hiding something?" he asked curiously, his face still serious.

"Being serious doesn't suit you Nicholas. Drop the act. It was a joke. A JOKE. Get it?" I said to him like I was talking to someone illiterate. "What do you want from me, Nicholas?" I added since he didn't drop his act.

"Why are you denying it?" he asked again.

"Now, why would I tell you?" I said, anger slowly bubbling inside me. He was pushing it.

"So you admit that it was real..." he stated, his lips twitching into a smirk.

"What is it to you anyways? So it was real... but, you'll never know even a tiny speck as to why." I said angrily and gritted my teeth as anger pulse out of me.

"I'll find out about it sooner or later..." he challenge, his expression back to being serious.

"Are you doing this to annoy me more? Why do you even care?" I asked, rage bubbling up inside.

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. I fell silent and stood there looking back at him. We stared at each other's eye for a moment, trying to see beyond each other's thought. But before I could conclude his actions, he turns his head away from me and slowly walked away.

"I've asked myself the same question..." he said, his voice almost a whisper.

I stood there, numbed, as I looked at his back walking away from me.

----

Hello my Lovely readers... this is the end of chapter seven... Sorry if some answeres aren't yet explained.. i'm still in the process of explaining Natalie's situation.. is the suspense killing you?

So, what do you think is the reason of her reaction? what did really happen to her? Comment away...

And if you like the Chapter, i appreciate a vote... ;)

Til next chapter...

...Melon Diaries...