Twenty eight

Twenty eight

As I was about to get inside Lance's car, someone pulled me back, startling me. This couldn't be my day since I've never been this famous on being pulled around so much. I turned around and faced the person, slightly shocked to see him there.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Nick asked, looking slightly pissed at something.

"What do you think are you doing Nick?" I asked back, annoyed.

"What am I doing? Isn't it already obvious? We are going somewhere, which isn't inside that car..." he said, stating it a matter-of-factly.

"Why would I listen to what you say? Let go of me, Nick. I already made plans with someone..." I stated, stepping away from him.

But before he could answer me, Lance stood to my side and gripped Nick's wrist until he let it go. "You heard the lady, she doesn't have plans with you..."Lance threatened, his voice becoming deep. I slightly flinch at his words, as some memory of the past came flooding back.

"I'm not leaving her under your care, jackass. Not under my watch." Nick spit back, his voice mirrored his.

"Would you two stop it!" I exclaimed, frustrated at the scene in front of me. "You both don't get to decide what I do!"

"Oh, come on. You can't possibly be going along with his plans... He ruined you, didn't he?" Nick said, and wined like a kid.

I was stunned at his words. How did he know that? He wasn't there when we confronted Lance at the mall. How would he know who he is? I looked at his questionably, as he stared at me worriedly.

"You were there when we saw him at the mall, did you?" I asked accusingly.

He looked away and didn't answer my question. And by the way he acted, I was right. I don’t get why he was shy about it, maybe he was there by coincidence, yet he didn’t show himself while we were there. I don't get it. I shook my head and got the thoughts out of my head. I compromised with Nick and allowed him to come with us, but he was not allowed to interfere with our talk. Lance drove us to a nearby coffee shop and we order something to drink. The whole time we were there, we didn't get to talk about anything at all. He just sat there and talk about our current situation. At that time, I didn't think much about it, but this act is going to hunt me in the near future.

For next days, Lance didn't anymore show his face in my school. He probably got the idea that Nick would be there to interfere, so it was quiet for awhile until the weekend came. The weekend that I didn't saw coming.

My mom was out that Saturday, meeting with the lawyer again about my rights to inherit the company. We talked last night about it, but she still deluded herself that I had the right to take the company, since it was rightfully mine. That part, I didn't get. How can it be mine when my father disowned me? I was cut-off with everything the Walker family owned. I didn't persist with it and left those for later. I understood that my mom doesn't want to tell me about it now, so I'll wait until she is ready.