Eleven

Eleven

From the nightmare I had, I wasn't able to sleep for the rest of the night. I rolled out of bed feeling exhausted and sick. As I sat in the edge of my bed, I debated whether to go to school or not. Since I don't want my mother to find out I was having those nightmares again, I dragged myself to the bathroom and got ready.

My morning started peaceful until I reached my locker at school. But, my life isn't that boring these days, and some of them are becoming too extreme that I've got to do something about it. Rob stood by my locker today with a playful smirk in his face as he saw me walking towards him.

"Don't make it a hobby to see me walking towards you, Sanders. It's becoming creepy..."I said as I reach him.

"Can't I have this privilege at least? I'm not annoying you in anyway than this..."He said, looking offended at what I said, but his lips twitched into a smirk again.

"I can never take you Sanders seriously."I muttered to myself as I open my locker and got my things.

"Uhm... Can I ask you a question?" he said hesitantly.

"You are already asking me." I stated as I grabbed my books and then close my locker to look at him. He was fidgeting, rubbing his right hand at the back of his neck. "What is it?" I added as my attention was on him.

He looked up right to my eyes and looked away after, as if he's shy about something. "Uhm..." he started but paused to clear his throat. "Uhm...are you free this Friday night?" he finally chokes it out of his system.

I looked at him stunned. I stood there for a moment, debating to answer that question or just choose to ignore it. But, even I am not that heartless. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" I finally said.

"Ah... Do you want to go out for dinner or something?" he asked, now he was looking directly at me, smoldering me with his chocolate brown eyes.

"Uhm... I don't know..."I said, hesitating. "My mom... you see, she might need me for something again..." I added, fumbling around with my words.

"Oh. If I ask her personally, would you agree to it?" he asked, his shyness gone and was replaced with confidence.

"Well... if you do ask her, and I'm sure you would, maybe I'll consider it." I said, smirking. He already knows that my mom was fond of him.

"Okay, then. I'll drop by later to ask her..." He said with enthusiasm, smiling at me brightly.

"Wait... you can't..." I started but the first bell rang, drowning out what I was going to say.

"I'll see you later." He said after the bell rings, and jogged away from me.

He left me there, stunned to silence. I just indirectly agreed to go out to dinner with Robert Sanders and I smell trouble coming from it to the whole girl population in school. I calm myself down before I walked towards my class in a quick pace. But, the other Sanders was yet to take his actions. I met Nick half way towards out first class, walking from the other direction. As he saw me, he beamed and quickens his pace towards me and blocks the entrance of the room before I got in.

"Hey, how are you?" he said as I reach him, leaning outside the door, half blocking my way.

"Move aside, Nicholas. What is wrong with you Sanders anyway?" I said, annoyed.

"Hey! I just got here and this is the first time I met you today. I haven't done anything, Yet." he said sheepishly and emphasizes the last part, his face growing into a playful grin.

"Not today, Nicholas. Not today." I said and walked around him to get inside the room.

I was planning to ignore him, but the room was already packed and there were only two seats left at the back. I sighed and made a mental note to come to school early. I got to the seat as Mr. Rupert, out history teacher, came in. Nick followed behind me and took the seat beside me with a smirk on his face. So, ignoring him wasn't going to budge.

I sat in class silently, zoning out until a hand was waving in front of me, distracting me. I sighed heavily and turned to the person in question.

"What do you want?" I asked wearily.

"Mr. Rupert is giving us this period to discuss about the project. So, do you have anything in mind?" he asked and smirks as he saw my annoyed expression.

"Right. I was thinking about the world war and the countries that were affected by it." I said, opening the notebook in my table for the notes I've written.

"So, that's what you were thinking as you zoned out. I thought it was something else..."He said, his voice in wonder.

I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at him. He was staring at me intently, his eyes filled with worry and sadness. I gave him a soft smile in return, understanding his expression.

"You know you can tell me things, since I know about you and all..."He offered, sounding hesitant about it.

"Thanks for the offer." I said, comforted by his words. "I'm just having the usual dreams." I added, sarcastically.

"Was it because you told me?" he asked, pausing for moment. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring back bad memories. I wouldn't have asked if I'd known..."he added, as guilt surge in his face.

"No... It's okay."I said, not knowing how to reply to that. "I'm used to it." I added.

"I don't think that's normal to be getting used to... it's unhealthy."He stated, disagreeing.

I looked at him and smirked. "What are you? My therapist?" I asked, trying to drop the topic.

"Why? Am I helping you recover?" he asked as lips twitched into a smirk. "Or, maybe my very presence is what you need to keep those bad dreams away..." he added cockily.

I sighed heavily, looking away from him. "I knew that it was too good to be true..."I mumble to myself, smirking at his cocky remark. "Let's get back to business before I'll get annoyed again and smack you." I said aloud.

After our little chat, I felt a little relieved about having at least someone who knows me. Even though it was Nick Sanders, I'm quite thankful to have someone actually knows how I feel. It's not that Maddy and Chloe can't take a hint, they haven't got a clue about my situation as much as Nick does.

For the rest of the morning, I slowly forget and think about the dream last night was nothing but a dream. As lunch came, I completely have forgotten about it. My thoughts was centered about the dinner date I'll be having this Friday; and, I refuse to even think that it was a date.

I got to our table a little early since the teacher dismissed us ahead of time. I sat there, silently and fidgeting. Then, I heard the chair beside me move and I stiffened from it. I took a deep breath before facing the person in question.

"Uhm... about this morning..."I started as I slowly face him, and then paused when I saw that it wasn't Rob seating beside me. "Nick? What are doing here?" I asked, shocked by his sudden presence.

"Why? Is it against the rules to seat here?" he asked back.

"No... you can seat anywhere... but, that's Rob's seat..." I said, a little hesitant.

He looked around his chair and in the table. "There isn't a name written here." He stated after his search.

"Obviously... I meant, he seats there..."I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Before I got annoyed at him, the person in question came up and stood beside Nick.

"What are you doing here?" Rob asked suspiciously.

"Why are people asking me that? Is it really against the rules to seat here?" He asked, sounding frustrated, though his eyes were twinkling with amusement.

"Move bro, that's my seat." Rob said sternly, ignoring Nick's question.

"I see no name here. You can seat there..." He said pointing at the chair across him.

Rob hesitated for a while but went to seat across from Nick. When Maddy, Chloe and Tony arrived, they all stood there stunned, looking at Nick. After they've recovered, they sat to their respected seats without a word. There was silence for a moment, and then Chloe cleared her throat.

"So, what brought you here, Nick?" Chloe asked, speaking loud enough for the people a table away from us to turn and look at her.

"Ow!" Chloe hissed as I elbowed her to stop her from talking, but I was too late and the question was already out.

"Why is it hard to believe that I'm seating here?" Nick asked more to himself.

"Well... don't judge us. You're the one seating here all of a sudden..." I said, stating the obvious.

People heard me and looked at me in shock. I felt their intense stare that I slowly slid down in embarrassment. Sometimes there is a line where I should be blunt or not. And, the situation seemed like I should have shut up; but, Nick didn't have the same wavelength as everybody and laugh at my words.

"Always straight to the point... Your bluntness never cease to amaze me." Nick said, beaming in amusement.

I was rendered speechless at what he said, and felt my face slowly heat up in a blush. Though his words should be harsh for other people, my instincts tell me otherwise. I ignored him and turned my attention back to the food in front of me. Our table became silent again after that until the bell rings. Now I know what people meant by 'save by the bell' felt like. I sighed in relief and walked away from the awkward atmosphere until someone grabs my wrist.

Everyone already left and a few of the people lingered, making the hallway almost a ghost town. I turned around and face the person, knowing already who it was.

"What is it Nick? I have gym next..." I said wearily.

"Don't we all..." He said with a smirk. "I need to talk to you about something." He added seriously.

I stiffen at his sudden turn of mood since based on my experiences; he never gives good news when he is serious. I mean, who does? "Sure. What is it?" I asked.

"Not here. Meet me in the parking lot by my car after class." He said in a rush, letting go of my hand. "And don't be late. I got to go." He added, walking a few paces away from me.

Before I could give him a replay whether I'll agree or not, he was already running away towards the football field. I lingered in the hallway for a moment, still looking at the place he disappeared too and wondered about what he was going to tell me.

----

Hey lovely reader.. here is chapter 11..

Who you do prefer? Rob or Nick? and what's the important thing that Nick want to tell Natalie?

tell me what you think and comment away... vote if you like the chapter, i would appreciate it.

Til' next chapter...

...Melon Diaries...