Thirteen

Thirteen

The next morning, I woke up without any nightmares. It was something new for me since usually I have it for weeks before it dies down. Then, a thought of Rob's visit came to mind; I smiled at the memory of him trying to charm my mom, and then I snapped out of it. My heart is slowly beating fast and my face felt flushed. Did I just blush?

Before I could answer that mental question, I got out of bed and distracted myself with preparation for school. As I reach to school fifteen minutes before the first bell rang, my distraction was over since the man in question was in front of me. Rob was by my locker again, smirking as he saw me walking towards him.

"How many times do I have to say this to you, Sanders?" I asked, as I reach him.

"As many times as you like since I'm not going anywhere..." He answered, smirking.

"I really hate to say this but, you've become annoying as your cousin, Nicholas..."I stated and opened my locker.

"I heard someone saying my name... What is it my dear, Natalie?" A voice said behind me, making me stiffened at its familiarity.

I hissed in annoyance and closed my locker with a bit of power, emphasizing my rage. I turn around and face at a smirking Nick standing too close for comfort. I stepped back bumping at the locker and glared at him.

"Has anyone ever told you about what 'personal space' is? Cause it seems like you don't have a slight clue about it..." I said sarcastically, emphasizing the word 'personal space'.

Nick didn't say anything and smirked at my discomfort. He stepped a foot closer to me, bending down, and lean close to me; he whispered, "You look too cute today, I couldn't help myself."

I felt a sudden chill, and shivered at his words. I pushed him away, annoyed at his cockiness. "Get away from me... you ingrate." I said, spitting the words at him.

"Ingrate? Are you referring to yourself or me?" He asked, looking stunned by my words.

I only glared at him in replay and look at Rob beside me who only stood by and watch. He wasn't looking amused at our confrontation, and he didn't look uninterested at all. I couldn't pin point his expression, but he wasn't looking friendly towards his cousin, Nick.

"Hey..." I said, making him snapped out and get his attention.

"I'm sorry..."he mumbled softly to himself, still looking at Nick, and then turned his attention to me, smiling like Nick didn't interrupted us. "I'll walk you to your first class." He said.

I stared at him for a moment, assessing his expression. He seemed controlled and reserved, but I let it drop since the first bell just rang. I agreed to his offer and he walked me to my first class, leaving Nick by himself. I didn't look back at him as we walked away, but I heard him sigh heavily and turn the other way, which is not the way to our first class.

As I reached to the classroom, I thanked Rob and then he walked towards his class. When I stepped in the room, I was surprised to see Nick already in his seat, feeling at home; maybe there was I shortcut that I didn't know. I went to my seat dropping the thought as the teacher got inside the classroom. Fifteen minutes before my first class ended, Mr. Rupert, out history teacher, gave the class extra time for our project. I looked for Nick to tell him to seat beside me, but his attention was on his phone. I throw my pen at him and it hit the back of his head with a loud tick!

"Hey, who threw that?" he asked aloud, his expression pissed. He looked around the room until his gazed landed on me.

"You, seat here..." I said, hissing at him with impatience.

"You could have asked nicely..."He stated, standing up and gathering his things.

I only glared at him in replay until he sat beside me. "When are we going to do our project?" I asked.

"I'm only free on weekends though... Friday night's I can do too..." he said, smirking at his words.

I looked at him, a little pissed. "Haha. Nice try..." I said, sarcastically. "Can we do this in the weekend?" I added seriously.

"Sure... Friday night would have been better... but, anyways..." he said, chuckling.

I rolled my eyes at what he said and then we planned the topic for our project. For the rest of the morning, Nick kept on prying and annoying me, commenting about things that I do. For instance, in French class, the subject we had before lunch, I was sneakily eating skittles since my stomach was grumbling from hunger. I've skipped breakfast that morning so that I got to school early and I wouldn't seat beside Nick again. He saw me, and shouted out load that he wanted some of it. This brought all attention to me, and with my luck, in that moment I was about to put another skittle in my mouth.

By lunch time, everyone who was in my French class was calling me Ms. Skittles. I survived through it with ignorance and sat in our usual table, exhausted and drain.

"Are you alright?" Maddy asked as she sat down in front me.

I let out a huge breath before I answered her. "No, I'm not."

"Are you alright? You looked beat." Chloe said, taking her seat beside me.

"Well... I am. That darn Sanders just can't live me alone."I stated, annoyed, as I remember what happened that morning.

"I didn't do anything... I promise." Rob said sheepishly as he sat down beside me, followed by Tony, who sat down beside Maddy.

"I don't mean, Rob. It's the other one, Nicholas. He won't get lost." I said, anger bubbling up inside me.

"Maybe he likes you..."Chloe stated, like it was obvious.

"Oh please... that's the understatement of the century... He just likes to annoy the hell out of me."I said, brushing off her comment.

"I think Chloe is right... He doesn't seems to keep himself away from you. I mean, he does always annoy you every day, right?"Maddy asked.

"He does annoy me, but that doesn't give it a bases that he is doing it because he likes me. Its... I don't know..."I said, thinking in frustration.

Rob and Tony sat silently throughout that conversation, not interrupting until Chloe brought up the topic about Rob and mine's upcoming dinner this Friday.

"So, I heard that you two are going on a date..." Chloe said like it was part of the topic we were talking.

Instead of answering her, I looked at her, stunned by her words. I took a sip off my apple juice before I said anything. "It's not a date. We are just having dinner... the both of us... together." I said, stating each words as it is.

"Ouch... That's pretty harsh."Rob said, faking hurt, yet his voice was thick with it.

"I didn't mean it like that... it's just that, date is a very heavy word to describe something as simple as a dinner..."I said, making up excuses as to not hurt his feelings. I don't want him to know I have issue with dating men in general, though I'm not lesbian.

"I know what you mean... I just want to hear what you think about it..."he said, smirking.

I lightly punch his shoulder and eyed him with annoyance but gave him a playful smirk. I nod my head in disagreement and returned my attention to my sandwich. As I was chewing my food, I look up towards Maddy and Chloe, who were both staring at us with disbelief.

"What?" I asked, after I swallowed my food.

"I never seem you let lose like that... is there something more happening between you two?" Chloe said, eying both of us with suspicion.

"No..." I answered directly, and returned my attention back to my food.

"There is!" Chloe shouted, like she got the hint.

"There isn't... Now, would you let me enjoy my food?" I said, sighing heavily. I look towards Maddy for help, but she was smirking as she was watching Chloe and I bicker.

I was save for another interrogation when the bell rang. I excused myself and didn't walk with them to gym class, which we now had together since they change the schedule. I went to the bathroom to get a breather and splash some water on my face to calm myself down. I don't get why I was so conscious about Rob and our dinner this Friday. Maybe it's because this would be my first time, in three years, that I thought of having a relationship again. I stiffen at that though since I was considering to date Rob.

Before my thought gets elsewhere from that, I got out of the bathroom and ran to gym class. For the rest of the afternoon, I tried to occupy my thoughts with anything that was in front of me. Yet, my mind keeps wondering back to Rob and dating. By the time the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school for the day, I was having even more confusing thoughts about Rob.

Yet those thought were cut short when I saw Adam leaning by his motorcycle, looking out of place in the sea of high school students. I stood there for a moment, surprised to see him, and then I jogged towards him.

"What are you doing here?"I asked as I reach him.

"Well... I wanted to give you my reply in person." He answered, giving me a smirk.

"Oh." I said, understanding the situation. My heart slowly beats fast, nervous about finding out whether he works for my father or not.

"Yea... about that... it's not what you think..." he started, fumbling in his words, trying to find a way to break it down to me.

But, before her could get to his point, Nick walked up towards me, pulling me behind him. "What are you doing here, spy?" he asked, his voice thick with control.

"So, it was you who told her... I can't be that surprised." Adam said, smirking, untouched by his mood.

"Adam, is it true you work for my father?" I asked again, walking around Nick to get a better view of him. But, Nick pulled me back slightly, cautioning me.

"Do you honestly believe his guy over me? You've known me since elementary, Nat." Adam said, offended by my allegation.

"Can you just answer the question?" I ask monotonously.

"It's not like that..." he said and sighed heavily, pausing for a minute.

Before he could continue on, Rob , Chloe, Maddy, and Tony showed up, stopping our conversation.

"Hey, guys. Who's your friend?" Chloe said, walking up beside me.

"He is no one. He was just asking for directions." Nick answered her, his voice deep with irritation.

They all look between the three of us with curiosity and suspicion. In that moment, my stomach was in the knot with nervousness and I was feeling conscious that they might find out about me. I wasn't ready for it, not now.

Nick understood my discomfort and pulled me towards him. "Sorry guys, but we have somewhere else to go." He finally said, breaking a bit of the tension.

"Where are you going?" this time, it was Rob who was doing the questioning, his face unreadable.

"Her place. We are doing a history project together." He answered without a hint of lie, like it was the truth.

"Oh. But, I thought we would be going shopping today, Nat?" Maddy said, surprised.

"Well.. sorry for taking her from you.. but we got to go..." Nick said, interjecting me, before I could say anything.

Nick dragged me away from the dumb-founded Maddy and Chloe, and a poker faced Rob, with Adam behind them who still lingered, his face grieve with guilt and annoyance. As I was watching them when he pulled me away, I gave them an apologetic smile and turn my attention back to what was in front of me.

When we reach to Nick's car, he lightly shove me towards the passenger's door. I looked at his car, which was glistening black and a two sitter, and back at him who was already jumping inside the driver's seat. He saw my hesitation and lean on the passenger's seat to open the door.

"Get in if you don't want me to make a scene forcing you to seat here." He said, smirking at the thought.

"God! your annoying..." I said, getting inside the car, pissed at his threat. Since it was him, he would likely do it.

----

Hey my Lovely readers... here's chapter 13. Sorry for the late update, our computer broke down, again. So sad.

Well, finally here is another chapter.

Thank you for those who've supported this story up until now... I'm touched.

So please continue to comment and tell me what you think, and vote if you like the chapters. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again..

Til next chapter...

...Melon Diaries...