Three

I would like to dedicate this chapter to my first reader who have been gracious to read two of my works.. @Nessie95.. thank you so much! :)

A/N: Maddy's Pic on the side.. She is so cute and fashionable..;)

----

Three

When the class ended, Madeline - Maddy, offered me a personal tour around school. I was enthusiastic about it, but only in a way that I still got to hang out with her. She was nice, sweet, and very welcoming. I feel a sense of comfort just being around her. And, my gut feeling is never wrong.

"Well, do you have any questions so far? Anything to confirm? Maybe you want to know some secret hideout." She said as we stopped in front of my locker, finishing our tour.

"No... nothing... I'll let you know when something comes to mind." I said, smirking. Her enthusiasm is intoxicating that it would be impossible not to be affected.

"Okay. So, do you want to hang out? We chill at a pizzeria just right around town." She said, grabbing my hand like she was not taking no for an answer.

I looked at my watch, and it was still 4 in the afternoon, so I nodded in agreement. She squealed with delight and towed me towards the soccer field. I was confused why she was taking me there until Tony met us half way.

"Hey... Nat's coming with us to the pizzeria." She said to him with a smile, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Sure." He said to her and kissed her forehead. He faced me after and asked, "You sure you want to come?"

"Yea, I've got some free time and I haven't seen the town that much." I answered, feeling a little uneasy with his eyes on me. He wasn't gawking at me, his stare was just calculating. I don't know how these two even manage to be together. They were so different.

Maddy and I waited for Tony in the parking lot by his car, which was impressive for a senior in high school. It was getting a little annoying as Maddy tapped her foot in the ground at a random beat. Then, someone, a person who I wished all morning to never cross again, walked towards us with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, Maddy, where's Tony?" he said as he reached a foot from us.

"I don't know, you were together just a minute ago." Maddy answered but Nick doesn't anymore have her attention.

He looked at me, his eyes glistening, his lips on a tight line, trying not to laugh. I didn't say anything and just stared him down.

"Hey there hot head..." he said, breaking the silence between us.

Instead of answering him, I stared at him even more. My eyes split into slits, my throat tasted blood from the anger I was holding back. Before I could get out of control, Tony approached us and breaks the tension. They said their goodbyes, as I turned the other way, ignoring Nick.

Tony drove us to the pizzeria in a very reasonable speed, which I guessed since he seemed nothing like those other men who like to drive fast. I sat silently throughout the drive, Maddy's voice saturating the closed space, talking about her recital in a few months. When we got there, I was more relieved to be out and breathe fresh air. I have nothing against car rides or being in a close tight space, it was just Maddy was driving me insane with her talking nonstop. But, that doesn't change a thing that I like her.

Before I have time to recover, Nick appeared out of thin air.

"Are you okay? You looked chocked up." He said closing our distance with a few paces, stopping just a meter away from me.

"I'm not. I'm fine." I answered, not even bothering to hide my anger towards him. After I gave him my answer, I walked pass him towards Maddy.

"Hey. Let's go." Maddy said as she saw me approached her and Tony. She looked behind me towards Nick and said, "Aren't you coming?"

"Yea... coming!" he shouted behind me, and walked pass me.

I paused for awhile, letting him pass before I started walking towards them. The idea of him walking behind me send chills at the back of my neck.

When we were able to settle down in a booth, people were slowly joining us. I sat there beside Maddy like a statue. I looked at the small crowd of seniors with a poker face. I observed that mostly the people who joined our table were Tony's team mates. So, as of that moment, I was surrounded with testosterone, which I'm not fun of. And, every minute I was sitting there and them increasing was ruining my mood. One thing you should know about me is that I don't get along well with the opposite sex; I have a long history of hatred for them.

"Maddy?" I said, nudging her arm to get her attention.

"What is it, Nat? Do you like some more Pizza?" she asked, beaming at me.

For a moment, I was hesitant to tell her that I want to get out of here, but seeing her smile, it stopped me. "I'll go order some drinks. Do you want anything?" I said, smiling softly.

"Oh. You don't have to do that, we could ask Nick for it." She said to me and turned her attention to Nick who sat beside Tony, two seats away from me.

But before she could say anything I grabbed her arm to get her attention, "No. It's okay, I can do it." I said, interrupting her before she got his attention.

As I got my drink, trying to look inconspicuous, a guy with a dirty brown hair and tanned skin walked up to me; for a moment I thought it was someone behind me, but there was no line. He walked right up to me with a beaming smile like he knew me.

"Hey, can you get me a soda too?" he asked me.

For a moment, I didn't answer him and raise an eyebrow. He was giving off a cocky vibe that pisses me off. "Excuse me? Are you talking to me?" I asked sarcastically. I knew he was asking me.

"Well, who else am I talking too?" he asked back, gesturing the non-existent line behind him.

"Right. Do I know you?" I asked out of curiosity. I mean, he just asked me like he knew me, and people who does knows me doesn't have a friendly vibe to them.

"No. But, I know you." he said and smirked.

I stiffen for a moment on what he said and tried to remember if I've seen him somewhere before, but nothing comes to mind. Last time I check, I didn't have amnesia.

"Nick told me who you are and to ask you to get me a drink, it's Natalie right? I'm Rob." He said, and reaches out a hand towards me to shake. "I'm that idiot's cousin." He added.

"Oh." I said, and come down a little. "You don't look related." I said and shook his hand.

"Of course we don't, I was adopted when I was five." He said.

"Oh." I said, not knowing how to react on that.

"I am kidding. My mother is Spanish - Latin, that's why I'm tan. But, if you squint your eyes a little, we have something in common, like hair color for instance." He said, smirking.

"Right." I said, and turned to the register. "I've have some Pepsi please. And you?" I said and turned around to ask Rob.

"Same." He said.

"So that will be two Pepsi." I said and faced the register again.

After we got our drinks, Rob and I walked back to the booth together. He kept on asking me questions about school and why I transferred. He was slowly getting annoying as his questions get too personal. Then, he asked something out of topic.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked.

We were sitting at the end of the table since people moved and my seat was taken.

"What?" I asked, surprised. I didn't blush since I don't have that much grille instinct to feel shy about this.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he said his voice louder than before.

His question brought unwanted attention from the people sitting near us.

"What is this? Rob already hitting on the new girl?" a guy three seat from Rob said, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"Slow down there, Rob. I thought you are still with Carly?" another guy said who sat in our table.

People were already teasing us and I was numbed by the sudden attention I get. I looked at Maddy and she was winking at me. I don't know how to react to this situation, so I stuck to saying what is on my mind.

"Relationships are too over-rated. It is a hindrance to any success you want to achieve in life. As for me, I don't see this as anything but a question. You people should grow up and know your priority or you'll end up eating in a dumpster and living like a hobo." I said and stood up and walked away.

I am good at walking away, I always have. It was like a second nature to me. I say what I want and walk away without a fight. It would be time consuming if I let that continue; so, just like any confrontation I have, I walk away after I said what I want.

When I get to the bus station, not knowing what bus to take, I finally notice that someone was calling my name. I was preoccupied by what happen that I zoned out.

"Natalie, wait!" he shouted.

I turned around to see who have called and followed me. For a moment, I thought it was Nick for some reason, but I was wrong.

"What do you want Rob? You don't want to add fuel to the fire," I said, my voice sounding like acid.

"I sorry that I embarrass you there... I didn't really mean anything by it... Actually, Nick asked me to ask you... I didn't mean it to get... out of hand." He said as he reached me, panting for breath while crouching down, his hands on his knees.

I looked at him, studying his face to find something that says he was lying, but he looked sincere. "I don't know what you two are playing, but I'm not taking any part of it. Got it!" I said sternly, looking him straight in the eyes so that he'll know I was serious.

"I'm really sorry." He said again, and stood straight.

I sighed and close my eyes to calm myself. Then, I opened them and said, "Apology accepted," and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you." he said and smiled at me.

For I moment, I was caught by his smile. It was very eye catching and innocent. Though he had manly features and a well-toned jaw line, he looked like a child when he smiled. In the same moment, I finally looked at him. He was very handsome, as handsome as Nick, though he his tanner and maybe a little taller. They have the same hair color, dark brown, but their eye color is different, his was a chocolate brown. I didn't know how long I stood there staring until he cleared his throat.

"See anything you like?" he asked cockily.

"And here I thought you were different. You are just as cocky and annoying as him." I stated and looked away from him.

Before he could say anything, the bus stops right in front of us. I didn't wait for his reply and got in. I didn't care if I got into the wrong bus as long as I was out of there. I took the seat in front and watch Rob stand there dumbfounded until the bus drove me away. I sat there, letting my mind clear for a moment before I asked the driver if this bus stop by my street. And, I was lucky enough that it did, though I have a fifteen minute walk to get to my apartment building.

When I finally got home, I was totally drained. Even though it was just my first day of school, I was already facing drama ahead. And here I thought I show be in low profile with my situation and all, but somehow I was a magnet for trouble. I always have and I always will. You can't really change who you are just by running away from it.

---

Hey my lovely readers... this is the end of chapter three.. the story is pretty slowly since i want to introduce the characters and their relationships...

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and if you do please vote... and a comment would be appreciated..

Thank you and Enoy!

til next chapter...

...Melon Diaries..