Six

A/N: Tony's pic on the side.. I don't get why wattpad doesn't recognize this guy... he is on his way of being one of the Hottest man alive.. Forget that he has a british accent..*melts.. can't forget. :D

----

Six

I'm in the living room, sitting in the sofa, staring at the letter for almost an hour. Mom would be home in thirty minutes. I'm debating whether to read it or not. But, whenever I decided to read it, my hand shock and I can't bring myself to open it. I thought of waiting for mom to come home, but I never have that much patience. Also, I don't want her to know that he knows where we live. She would freak out and we pack up and leave town before sun down.

I took a deep breath and tried again. But before I could open it, the front door open and my mom came in.

"Hey honey, how's school?" she asked as she enter the room.

"It was fine." I answered and slowly shoved the letter into my back pocket, almost crumpling it.

"What do you want for dinner?" she asked as she dropped her things in the sofa and walked towards the kitchen.

"Anything is fine." I answered, slowly walking towards my room. "Call me if you're done. I'll be in my room doing homework." I added.

"Okay." She shouted from the kitchen, already rummaging in the refrigerator looking for something to cook.

When I got to my room, I heaved and let out a huge breath, feeling relieved that mom didn't see the letter. I took it out of my pocket and look at it again. I decided to read it later when it was safe and hid it in my treasure box that has a key to open it, which I'm wearing all the time. The box was given to me by the person who gave me the letter. It was the only thing I kept from him. To get my mind out of it, I turned my computer on and log-in to my account. Before I could start checking any messages, a live stream chat popped in to my screen.

Sanders_23: wow, you're online. Finally...

All_hale_tothee: who is this?

Sanders_23: guess?

All_hale_tothee: sanders... 23... jersey shirt... Rob?

Sanders_23: am I that predictable?

All_hale_tothee: well, I know only two sanders. One is ignoring me and the other is beginning to annoy me.

Sanders_23: Ouch! You know you can always tell me if you don't want me around. Just say the word and I'm gone with the wind.

All_hale_tothee: the wind can't carry you, you're too heavy. J

Sanders_23: is the girl that rarely smiles and almost never laughs making a joke?

All_hale_tothee: haha.. very funny. I'm not that bitter.

Sander_23: well... I don't know about that... it's debatable, if you want to debate.

All_hale_tothee: you'll never win Sanders...

Sanders_23: you'll never know unless you try. So what's the humor in your username?

All_hale_tothee: << oh this... it's an inside joke between my brother and I...

Sanders_23: I didn't know you have a brother. Where is he?

I stiffen at what I wrote. I got so absorbed in the conversation that I slip up. I stood up in my seat and started pacing in my room, trying to think of an excuse. I don't know how long I've paced until Rob IM me again.

Sanders_23: hey, you still there?

I stared at it, debating whether to replay or not. I sat down, took a deep breath, and typed a reply.

All_hale_tothee: sorry, I need to go. My mom needs me to do something. It was nice chatting with you.

Sanders_23: oh... Okay... See you tomorrow then...

All_hale_tothee: sure. Good night.

Sanders_23: good night.

Before I was tempted to continue and typed goodbye, I closed the window and deleted the history. I went to bed and tried sleeping all of my problems for the day. I can't believe I just slipped up after all those years of hiding my identity. Plus, the letter I receive today proves that our cover is blown already. I wonder how many days left until the whole world knows who I am and what I have done. But before the thought could saturate me, my mom got my attention and called me for dinner.

For the rest of the period we were eating our food, my mom was quite and only the sound of the television was keeping the room from being silent. I cleared my throat and pretended to cough, signaling her to start a conversation. But, she didn't get any of it and continue eating and being quite. Finally, I gave up and talk first.

"So, how was work?" I asked, breaking the silence.

For a moment, she didn't respond and continue what she was doing, and then she let out a heavy sigh and at look at me. "Honey, he is coming here sometime next month." She finally said.

"Oh... grandma told you?" I asked, looking at my plate and poking at the food in front of me.

"No. One of my colleagues from work knows the engineer working at the site and gossiped about it." She answered and sighed again.

"So, it's just a rumor?" I asked, making my voice hopeful to cheer her up.

She stared at me and frowns. "No, it's not. I know for a fact he visits sites like this to check if there is progress. He will eventually come." She said.

"Mom. Chill out for a second. He isn't here now. You're stressing yourself." I said foreseeing what she was going to say next.

"We need to move." She finally said the words that I foresaw.

"Mom. He isn't here yet. And he doesn't know. He just got lucky picking this place that we pick to settle in." I said in a calm manner, trying to get her to see sense.

I wasn't ready to move yet. Though I used to look forward whenever we move, but now that I somehow felt accepted in a way, I don't want to move just yet. I want to be normal again and live a normal life, and the people I've met in this town somehow made me see sense again.

"Mom, I don't want to move just yet. Wait until we are positive about his arrival, okay?" I said sternly but calm.

"Okay..." she answered her posture looking calm. "But, first sign of him..."

"And we are off the road by dawn." I interjected, foreseeing her usual saying.

"That's my girl." She said approvingly with a smirk on her face. She stood up after and gathered her empty plate. "I'm done here. You have dishes to clean so finish your food already." She said and walked to the sink.

"Right. Okay mom." I said and continue eating.

After I finish eating and doing the dishes, I head back to my room. I washed up and got myself ready for bed before going through my homework. With my hands filled with work and my head with essays to write, I didn't think about my problems again until I went to sleep.

The next morning was a different story. I got to school on time and almost running late for my first class. Who met me on doors of my first class was the least person I want to see all throughout the day, giving me another problem to think about.

"Running late are we, Hale." Nick said with his signature smirk.

"I'm not the only one late here, Nicholas, being that you are still not on your seat." I answered back, annoyed at his presence.

"Still as bitter as always." He said to himself and walk ahead of me to class.

I stuck my tongue out behind his back, angered by his statement. I walked towards the two only empty seats left behind the room; annoyed that I had to seat through class beside him.

"Looks like your suck with me today, Hale." Nick said as he sat on the seat beside me.

I didn't give him the satisfaction of answering him back. I know he will continue to insult me throughout the class. So, I pretended he didn't existed and listen to the teacher. Half way through the lecture, I was feeling sleepy and put a hand in my mouth to cover my yawn. Nick notices me and snickered. I ignored him and tired to listen to the teacher again.

"...the project will be due next month and it will affect your grades if you don't comply..."the teacher said as I started to concentrate on listening again.

"What did he say?" I asked out of frustration. I didn't hear what he just said.

"Well, partner. We are doing a history paper together about the wars. Do you have any idea about it?" Nick answered me with eyes twinkling with anticipation.

"What partner?" I asked curiously.

"Didn't you hear? Your seatmate is your partner. Since we are seating next to each other so we are..."he started to explain like I was stupid and smirking even more.

"I'm not illiterate you mule." I looked at him with so much hatred that I gritted my teeth.

"Mule?... well, if it's a very hot mule, then..." he started, his lips twitching, trying to restrain from laughing, but stopped when he saw me looking at him not amused by his humor.

I looked away from him and raised my hand getting Mr. Rupert's, the history teacher, attention.

"Yes, Ms. Hale." He said after he notices me.

"Can I change partners?" I asked, my voice sounding harsh and urgent.

"I'm afraid not, Ms. Hale. The class is already even up and it would be nice working with others who you haven't been acquainted yet." Mr. Rupert said sternly, making it final.

I took a deep breath and face Nick with a bored look. I sighed and asked, "So, what are we doing?"

"Wow. You really hate me that much?" he asked, his enthusiasm gone, his voice serious.

"You can't hate someone you don't know. I don't hate you; I'm just not particularly fond of you." I answered him with a dead tone.

"So, you just have to get to know me then. That way you'll start to love me..." he stated, smirking, his enthusiasm back on track.

"Why are you so happy and cocky all the time?" I asked curiously.

"It's a gift my dear. And it's not cockiness... its confidence." He said and stated confidently, making him sound cockier.

I rolled my eyes and get the order of business. I ignored his side comments, most of the time, and focus on the project that was given to us. I unwillingly gave him my number and e-mail address for communication purposes. For the rest of the day, Nick didn't anymore ignore me. He started annoying me even more. When lunch came, I was almost at my limit but I kept it to myself and eat my food silently. In the afternoon, I was rejoicing that I finally have some peace from Nick. Then, our gym teacher announces that all senior gym class would be combining, being that there were only two classes, which would mean I would be seeing him in gym too. But, I was in my luck that the school gave gym exemptions to all varsity players, so he wouldn't be attending class unless otherwise called.

This might be a start of something more problematic for me than intended. And here I thought I wouldn't be hearing from Nick anymore, my luck is never in my odds. Life gets even bitter that it was before I came here. Before my thought gets any further, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I got it and open a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: can't wait to start that project. Nick. ; P

I closed my phone and sighed. It sure did got worse than bitter. I got a guy's unwanted attention that seems to never leave me alone.

----

Hey lovely readers.. here is chapter six..

To those who guess that J.Walker is Natalie's father.. you are partly right. I meant partly because that's not all there is to it.. haha!

So what do you really think of her situation? and is Nick acting up becuase he like her? and Rob's sudden IM?

Comment away... And Vote if you like this chapter.. i would appreciate the gesture.. :)

Til next chapter..

...Melon Diaries...