Eight

Eight

Two days have passed since Nick and I have that serious talk in front of my locker. He still talks to me in class, but it's not anymore in an annoying manner. He was acting like a normal person. Havingconversations with me regarding school or our history project. It was getting weirder and weirder every time; and, today got even weirder.

I was 15 minutes early for my first class, so I sat in the empty room, waiting silently for people to start coming in. The first person who entered the room was the last person I thought who would get to class early.

"You sure are early today." I stated, looking at him walk towards the seat across from me.

"Good morning. How are you today?" he asked, not even bothering to comment my remark.

"Are you alright?" I asked curiously. "What no insults and annoying side comments in the morning anymore?" I added.

"I'm fine, thank you." he answered and turn his attention to his buzzing phone.

For a moment, the room became silent. Nick was so absorbed with his phone that I didn't even bothered getting his attention again. People started arriving in a few minutes and we completely ignored each other. For the rest of my morning classes, Nick didn't anymore bothered me or talked to me. I should feel happy as of this moment, but I wasn't. I was so bothered by it that I asked Rob about his actions during lunch.

"Rob, is there something wrong with your cousin? He's not being himself." I asked. My eyebrows crunched up in curiosity.

"What?" Rob asked his mouth full of sandwich. He looked at the table where Nick sat and swallowed before he looked back at me. "He looks normal to me. Why do you ask?" he said.

"It's just... weird..." I started, but I find it hard to explain the situation.

"When did you start caring for Nick Sanders best interest?" Chloe asked as she sat down beside me on her seat.

"Aren't you happy that he finally got the message and left you alone?" Maddy added as she and Tony sat in the seat across from me.

"I am happy." I said to Maddy and turn to Chloe. "And, no. I don't care about his best interest or him."I added.

"So why are we on the topic?" Chloe asked, a smirk slowly creeping up on the tips of her lips.

I sighed and rolled my eyes and let the topic drop. I turned to my food and let it have my full attention and dive in. As I sat there silently eating, Chloe and Maddy talked about a movie that they wanted to watch and asked everyone to go watch it with them. I just looked around the table, like I was looking for a way out of there offer. It wasn't that I didn't want to hang out with the girls, but a chick flick movie, I'm willing to trade my situation for anything.

"Don't you try and get out of this, Nat. You are coming with us." Chloe said sternly, foreseeing my plan.

I sighed heavily in defeat and looked at Rob for help. He stared at me with amusement and gave me a sad smile of defeat. He isn't going to help me at all. But before I was going to man up and refuse, everyone in our table looked at someone behind me. Out of curiosity, I turned around to see who it was.

"Is it alright if I'll take my daughter for a minute?" my mom said with a wearily smile. Something was up. Why was she here in school during lunch?

I stood up and walked out with her to the empty hallway. I studied our surrounding; making sure nobody was in ear shot before asking about her sudden visit.

"He knows we are here. I am sure of that now." My mom said with alarm.

"What? How did he know?" I asked, flustered.