Ten

Ten

I woke up comfortably today. I rolled out of my silk sheets and walk towards my own bathroom. I stared at my own reflection for a moment and smiled. Today I was going at my first high school party.

After I got dressed, I skipped towards the dining room. I was the only one present. But, this wasn't unusual for me. It was the same each and every single day. And in time, I slowly got used to having these lonely mornings. I sat at my usual seat with my pancake and orange juice already in place. This was the perks being rich and having people serve you.

I sat there silently, taking my time eating, until a voice of someone arguing saturated the room.

"Why can't you just listen to me, for once?" Nate asked, shouting at the top of his lungs. This wasn't his usual behavior, so I was shocked when I saw him looked out of control.

"I'm not listening to this nonsense. You follow me and what I say. End of story!" my father shouted back with finality in his voice.

They were arguing about something again. Nate never has these conversations with me around since he doesn't want me to worry. But, I know about these arguments, I just never pry him about it.

As they reach the table, they finally notice my presence. I looked at Nate worriedly but gave him a small smile of comfort. That morning, the whole family ate breakfast together for the first time in a while. But, it was the most uncomfortable mornings I have in my life. The tension in the room was suffocating that my food tasted bland in my mouth. I excused myself and went back to my room. I brush my teeth and gathered my things after, ready to get out of the god forsaken place I called home.

Nate and I drove to school silently. We usually pick up Adam on the way, but today was different like what happened this morning. Though I woke up cheerful, my mood right now was beyond cheerful. I silently got out of the car, which was slowly becoming suffocating, and got to my locker ahead of time.

My mood change 360 again as I saw the person waiting for me by my locker. A smile slowly creeps to my face and I skipped to where he stood.

"Morning, handsome." I greeted with so much enthusiasm that I think I was bipolar.

"Hi princess. How are we today?" he said and held his hand up to caress my cheek.

I beamed at him and felt my stomach fill with butterflies at his touch. "I'm fine. You?" I asked.

"Fine as ever." He replied his usual deep voice that somehow makes me swoon.

I'm in love. Though you might think this is nothing but infatuation, being a teenager, but this was something different. He was perfect in my eyes, and I sometimes think he is the one.

We were almost inseparable in school, always together hand and hand. It was hard at first; girls would bitch at me and snob when I'm around since I had the one guy in school that they want. Some say I only have him because I was rich, but he said otherwise. He never let it get to him about my status and he always treats me kindly like just any normal person. We have been dating for 5 months, and that 5 months felt like years.

It was at lunch when another unusual thing happened. Usually, I sat with my boyfriend alone; but, today, his friends wanted to join us. It was uncomfortable being around boys, and I was never used to it. The only male species I hang out was my boyfriend, my brother and his friend. That was just three; and now I was surrounded by more than five of them. That is just too much of a transition for someone who was never used to it.

I sat through lunch quietly, feeling the comfort of the one man I love, who was seating beside me. He held my hand and never let it go until the bell rang. I sighed in relief as I stood up and gather my things. But, my boyfriend didn't hint trying to leave the cafeteria yet. When there were mostly nobody left, and it was only him and me with his friends, we went out to another exit that leads to the back of the school. My heart was beating so fast and I was starting to get nervous. I stealthy got my phone out and texted Nate about my whereabouts.

As we finally reached out back, there was a black Chevy pick truck waiting. I was resistant to go and I was sweating out of fear.

"Nat, don't worry. We're just going to skip today to prepare for the party. And, I wanted you to come." He explained to me, still holding my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Okay..."I answered my voice a whisper.

I went along with them and confided myself to him. Though his body language says he was annoyed by me clinging to him, but I didn't read through it since I was scared and nervous as of the moment. I have always been a goody good two shoes, and follow rules. Yet, for the first time in my life, I was going against everything I know and broke a rule.

I don't know how long we have been driving until we stopped at a huge house. I got out of the car the same time as everyone and look around the place. I was lost and I don't have the slightest idea where I was. I never went out much, so this would be my first break out from the normal routine.

"Where are we?" I asked. I was proud of myself that my voice didn't shook.

"Don't worry. We are at a friend's house." He replied as he stood beside me and took my hands. "Come on. Let's go inside and start decorating." He added and pulled me towards the house.

For the rest of the afternoon, we rearrange the whole house and decorated it into a party hall. There were huge speakers, mountains of alcoholic drinks and chips, and a lot of balloons. The balloons somehow throw me off and though this was a birthday part, but the alcoholic drink made it a confirmation that this was party, by my observation. Maybe it was a birthday party and a party in one.

I lost tracked of time and it was already night time. We had ordered pizza for dinner and from then on, people started coming. The whole time I was inside the house, I never left his side and stood close to him. And as the place slowly grows crowded, he wanted to mingle and left me on my own for awhile.

I stayed in the kitchen, which only a few people were present, and waited for him to come back. As I was waiting, my phone buzzed endlessly. I got it out of my pocket to see who it was. It was my brother, Nate. I pressed the answer button and put the phone in my ear.

"Hey, Nate..."I started, but paused as I listen to him shout at the other line.

"Where are you? Someone told me that you're hitching a ride home with your boyfriend... but it already 10 for goodness sake! Where are you?!" he shouted, his voice sound pissed off.

"Chill, Nate. I'm with him. We are at his friend's party. I'm sorry I didn't call you personally..."I said but was cut off when someone took the phone from me.

I turned around, my face in a scowl, but it smoothens when I saw who it was.

"Don't worry, brother. I got her for tonight. Need not to worry..."he said smirking. He put his hand around my shoulder and pulled me towards him, crushing my body in his chest.

"Give me that..."I said, as I tried to get away from him and reach my phone.

"No problem. Good Night." He said, still speaking to my brother in the phone, and then pressed the end button.

"Hey, I'm not done speaking to him." I stated angrily as he handed me my phone back.

"Took care of it." He said, his hands gesturing like he was shooing someone. "You need a drink." He added, pulling me towards his chest again.

Then, that's when I realize that he was drunk. He reek with alcohol that I started coughing from its foul, intense smell. "You're Drunk!" I almost shouted with anger.

"Don't be put out... I know you still love me..."He said, chuckling, unaffected by my rage. "Here try this and chill..."He added as he reach for a red plastic cup and handed it to me.

I accepted it but didn't move an inch to drink it. I stared at him with annoyance and glance down at the cup and back at him again. "If I drink this, can I leave after?" I asked sternly.

"Sure... but you have to finish the whole thing." He agreed with a smile and gestured me to drink up. "Go on." He added.

I hesitated a bit, looking at him blankly. I sighed heavily and close my eyes. I drunk the whole cup in one go; thus, making my throat burn from the alcohol. From then on, my head started spinning, and my surrounding started to blur in front of me. Then, everything was in slow motion and my vision darkens until I felt myself fall and seeing nothing but black.

It was dark and cold and my body felt somehow numbed. I was slowly gaining consciousness with myself, but as that happen, a sudden pain surge all over me. I wanted it to stop but I couldn't move to do anything about it. As I laid there numb, I felt hands touching all over me. My eyes were still close and I didn't dare myself to open them. I bit my lips close so that I could bare the pain. As I got a little of my consciousness back, I understood at that moment what was happening to me. Tears slowly flow in my eyes as hot breaths, and warm bodies surround my numbed body.

I don't know when it will end; the only part the made it bearable was that I felt almost nothing from it. I lay there almost lifeless, waiting for end to come. Then, a cold breeze engulfed me and a voice that was like an angel saturated the room with screams.

"Natalie!!!!" the angel shouted.

"Natalie! Please wake up!!!" the angle said, his voice close to my ear.

"You a**hole!!! What did you do to her??!!!" the angel shouted again, his voice distant and filled with rage.

I don't know what happened after that, but a soft warm hand embraced me. I stiffen at its touch, but my instincts told me to relax. A soft, cotton blanket replaced the warm hands and it slowly covered my bare body.

"Come one... please, Natalie..."The angel begged, his voice was raspy and strained.

I gathered my remaining energy and got up. I lean towards the angel's voice and let him support me. I felt my legs move at his soft tug, leading me forward. The next thing I knew I was already in the side walk outside the house. That's when all of my senses came back. Everything happened so fast that I couldn't gasp what happen.

As we were walking towards the car across the street, someone pushed me out of the way as a bright light came to view on my right side. I stumbled forwards but was able to turn around to see who pushed me.

His face was filled with scrapes and bruises, his lips twitched and grew into a smile. Even though he looked battered, he still looked like an angel as the light engulfed him. Then, I realized the angel who help me was none other than my twin brother, Nate.

In the last moment, we stared at each other; his eyes soft with relief and his face grow into a soft smile. I reached out towards in, trying to pull him out of the light. Then, I blinked at its brightness and the next thing I saw was blood, his blood splattered around me.

"AHH!!!!!" I screamed like there was no tomorrow.

I lost the one person who took care of me, who save me. I lost my other half. What am I going to do now?

I gasped for air, feeling the dryness of my throat and the dampness of my body that was filled with sweat. I pulled myself up into a seating position to calm myself down. The silent night made my thumping heart sound too prominent. I sighed heavily when I realized it was just a dream, another nightmare.

I got my phone that was beside my pillow and look at the time. It was three in the morning and the sky was still dark outside. I lie back down again and wipe some of the sweat away from my face. The phone still in my hand, I opened my call history, looking for an unknown I.D. But, as I strolled down, nothing in it was out of the ordinary. Then, I sighed again with relief that it was also part of the dream.

This was getting out of hand and making me more paranoid. My dreams are becoming too vivid that I'm mixing it up with reality. But, my dreams aren't really dreams, since it was a past memory that keeps repeating itself endlessly in my dream, making me suffer again and again. As I lie there, seeing nothing but darkness, I rolled and faced the wall and got myself ready for another sleepless night.

----

Hey my lovely readers... sorry for the late update since we installed a new internet at home.. hahaha!

This is the end if Chapter 10... the reveal of the night when Nate died.. so what do you think? comment away.. and if you like the chapter i would appreciate a vote...

Til next chapter...

... Melon Diaries...