Epilogue

Epilogue

It's been a month since I last saw Nick, Rob, Maddy, Chloe, Tony and the rest of the gang. I've spend my Christmas at my grandmother's place in Italy with my mom. That was the first family gathering were all the tension was gone and we were all smiling and laughing. There wasn't anyone trying to catch us or ruin our lives. For the firsttime, we are free.

At this moment, I'm on a plane, sending my last text message to Nick before turning it off. He insisted that I send him a message before the plane takes off.

I'm already seating inside the plane beside this really hot guy, who I think is Bradley Cooper, but has darker shade of blond hair. Now, are you satisfied? -Nat

Yes. Unless that guy touches you, then I'll be waiting just outside the gate so that when he steps out I would beat him to death. Take care and see you soon. - Nick

I smiled as I read his reply and then turn my phone off as the captain spoke. In truth, I really wasn't seating next to anyone hot. Next to me was an old lady who was already asleep before the flight even took off. At least it would be a silent ten hour flight back home.

When I woke up, the first thing I see was the blue sky. It was clear and cloudless. I smiled as it reminded me of someone's eyes that sparkle whenever light reflects on it. I was laying down on green grass and only a thin blanket between it and me. I close my eyes again as I smell the sweet musky scent of the earth as the season change. It was the scent of spring, a scent of change.

As I turned and rolled over the blanket, someone grabbed me from behind, arms wrapped around my waist like chains. I lean back, feeling the warmth of someone's body near me; warmth that I knew so well.

"So, are we going to tell them you're back or not?" Nick asked, as he leaned in and whisper the words in my ear, giving me goose bumps.

I squirmed from his hold and turn myself to face him. "I don't know. Telling them would be boring, how about a surprise?" I said smirking as an idea formed in my head.

For the five hours since I've arrived, which I didn't tell anyone but Nick and my mom; I've spent them with Nick. We first grabbed lunch, and then watch a movie before we drove by the park that we are now presently been lying down for an hour.

"A surprise. Now, there's an idea..." he said, smirking as his eye glisten as his mind race for a plan.

"I'll let you lead this one. I'm too tired to think anything good but sneaking up on them in school and shout, I'm home b*tches..." I stated nonchalantly and yawned dramatically.

"Now, that I want to see..." he smile and chuckled as he pulled me tighter to him.

I beamed at him and put my head in his chest, closing my eyes. "What do you have in mind?" I asked my voice slightly audible.

"Well... we could end that plan with you shouting, I'm home b*tches..." he started, his voice sound amused, after which I chuckled. "But, we need something more dramatic..." he added, his voice trailing off as he thought of his plan.

After Nick told me about his plan, we were off to the mall to get me an outfit that would match. I was, after all, the surprise package. After an half an hour of shopping, we head back to my apartment to get my things settled in and for me to rest and change for awhile. They're all still in school at the moment, so the plan will take action around six at night. That way, it would be dark enough for me to hide somewhere.

I slept for the remaining time with Nick's arms wrapped around me. When I woke up, I was slightly disoriented that he wasn't beside me anymore. I got out of bed and went outside to the living room. But, the place was as silent as a ghost town. There wasn't any sign of anyone being there. And, like on cue, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I got it out and a new message from Nick was flashing in my screen.