Twenty two

Twenty two

It’s Friday, and since that afternoon I’ve got everything and cried my worries away, Rob hardly left me. He drove me home after that, and texted me that night will sweet, comforting words. The next day, he surprised me by picking me up from my apartment and drove me to school. He walked me to class and by lunch time, he was there outside my French class, which was my subject before lunch, and escorted me to the cafeteria. I felt my guarded and cold heart broke down and melt from his actions.

Today, as he walked me to my first class, he surprised me by doing something I never thought it could happen to me. As we reached the door to my class, I turned around to face him and to tell him thank you. But, I stop as I saw his soft, loving expression, making his chocolate brown eyes water in mine. He caressed my cheeks for a few moments, and lean in to kiss it. I felt his warm lip, tingling my skin, making me stiff from where I stood. After he pulled away, he said his goodbye and walked away from me, leaving me dumbfounded by the door. I watch his retreating figure, as my heart pounded loud enough that people who might be close to me could hear it.

“What’s with the weird grin? Just got your first kiss?” a deep voice whispered behind my ear, making me jump in surprise.

I turned around, my face in a scrowl. “Mind your own business, Nicholas.” I said annoyed.

He only smirked in reply, knowing that he got me. I ignored his teasing grin and walked pass him towards my seat. I could feel him follow behind me and sat on the empty chair on my left. I let out a huge sigh knowing that he would start to annoy me again, but he didn’t. I didn’t start any conversation with him, feeling that he would only give me his snide comments. When I gave my attention to the teacher in front, Nick waved his hands in my face. I smacked it away, feeling annoyed yet again.

“Really?” I asked, hissing towards him.

“I’ve been calling your name for the pass minute and you just ignored me. That’s really harsh you know.” He said, looking hurt. “Here’s our final output.” He added, handing me a red folder.

“You finished it?” I asked, ignoring his comment, shocked that he finished our project.

“Did you really think I was unreliable? I rank top of the class you know.” He said, feeling offended.

“What? You’re smart?” I asked, trying not to smirk. I looked at him shocked.

“Ouch! Really? Do I look stupid to you?” he asked.

“Yup.” I said, popping the ‘p’ then reviewed our final output.

He mumble something so low that I couldn’t hear, but I knew it was some curse since his face doesn’t look friendly. I didn’t comment on that and kept my attention to the paper in front of it. It was well written and in order, I was in awe at how well it was written. He really must be smart. I shook and mentally slap myself after reviewing it, feeling a new found respect for Nick, but still he is as cocky as hell.

“So, do you now think I’m awesome?” he asked, his lips twitching into a smirk.

“Well… your brain is, and I still can’t believe it. It’s really good. But, my thoughts about you stays the same.” I said nonchalantly, fighting not to smile on my words.

“One of this days, you’ll fall for my charms.” He said slyly, his lips curled into his signature grin.

“In your dreams, Nicholas.” I answered, fighting a smirk.

The teacher got the attention of the class and asked the class to passed their papers. I was grateful somehow that Nick was able to finish it since I’ve been preoccupied these past few days. Yet, I didn’t have the courage to tell him thank you knowing that he’ll get his head big and twist my words around. For the rest of the morning, I was in a good mood except those times when Nick gave him his usual comments which irritates me, but I know to ignored it now. When the lunch bell rings, I felt my hear flutter at the thought of Rob waiting for me. I packed my thing fast and walked out of the room. But, before I could be a step away from the door, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me sideways, I was about to scream until I saw Rob’s smirking face.