Nine

Meet Adam Knight.. there's a pic of him on the right.. ;P

----

Nine

"Can we take this somewhere else?" I asked, as silence came after Adam told Nick some truth about me.

"Who are really?"Nick asked, finally snapping out of his confused state.

"This is hardly the place for that... Can we just take it somewhere private?" I said sarcastically and asked again, frustrated by the situation.

"We could go to a nearby coffee shop..." Adam offered. "There aren't much people there around this time..." he added when I hesitated.

"Okay." I agreed and faced Nick. "Let's go. I'll text Maddy that we went for coffee with a friend." I said and got my phone.

"I'm not going. You might be kidnapping me. I don't even know who you are anymore." Nick said franticly and slowly backed away from me.

"Really? Do I look like a murderer to you? I'm still the same bitter me, but with a different family name." I said, rolling my eyes at his words.

"He said Walker... You mean you're..." he started as realization came to him.

"Wow, took you long enough..." I said sarcastically. "Now, can we go? I don't want any more people to overhear. You're enough trouble as it is..."I said in frustration and looked at him deadly.

He didn't comment and went along with Adam and me. We silently got inside Adam's car since I didn't have one, and we couldn't take Nick's since he drives a two seater sports car. The drive to the coffee shop was silent; the talking only came when I sighed out of frustration.

"Are you alright?"Adam asked as he parked the car, arriving at our destination.

"Not really" I said and sighed again. "He knows we are here." I added sadly.

"Your dad found you?" he asked, shocked.

"He was bound to... it was a miracle we were able to be invisible for three years..." I stated.

"Yeah..." he agreed.

We got out of the car and silently walked inside the coffee shop. I saw an empty booth away from wondering ears and suggested to sit there. Though the coffee shop had only five customers, including us, I can't help but feel cautious about it. As we settle down, Adam stood and asked us what to drink.

"I'll have an Americano." Nick said, saying something for the first time since we got here.

"And a..."I started.

"Caramel macchiato, I remember." Adam interjected with a smirk.

I smiled at his words, and then he walked away to get our order. Nick and I sat there in silence for a while until he spoke up.

"So... who are you?" he asked, sitting straight and look at me in the eye.

"Who do you think am I?" I throw him back the question.

"He said, Natalie Walker... so, you're an heiress?" he asked, unsure.

"Huh. That's what people label me as... an heiress..."I said sadly, looking away towards Adam's direction.

We were silent for a moment until Adam joined us with our orders. He sat beside me and put down the drinks in the table.

"What did I miss?" he asked, taking his coffee.

"Not much. We were talking about me being an heiress..."I said, then grabbed my drink and took a sip.

"First impression always lasts..."he said, smirking.

"I know... no wonder I don't like taking sh*t from people..."I added, annoyed. I remembered how it was people sucking up to me because I was rich.

"So, what do you want to know?" Adam asked, looking at Nick.

"That depends... Why are you running away?" he stated trailing off, then looked at me and asked.

"Being rich has its disadvantage... remember that news about the Walker three years ago?" I said and asked, looking back at him sadly.

"Yea. The death of its Heir..."He answered his voice trailing off into a whisper.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It had been three years since I was able to openly talk about the death of someone I love. I closed myself up after things turned to the worse after his death. When I gathered up my confidence and opened my eyes, I couldn't anymore hide the tears I've tried to hold.

"They hide it from the public and bribe the media to shut up. It was very scandalous and could damage the image of my father's business." I started as tears slowly flowing in my eyes. "I went out to a party that night. Nate told me and warned me many times to be cautious and always keep away from people who try to use me. I was young and innocent..."I paused to smirked at my stupidity. "Then, I got involved with some awful crowd... they accepted me and made it looked like they give shit about me... that's when I met him." I continued and stopped as I choked up with my own tears.

"You don't have to tell me every detail..."Nick said his voice almost a whisper.

I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath before I continued. "He was my first love. He was my everything. He pretended to love me so that he could... I was young and stupid to not listen to Nate."I paused and took a sip on my drink, feeling my throat dry as I remembered that night again.

"Take it easy, Nat."Adam said, and patted my back for comfort.

"Thanks." I said to him, and gave him a soft reassuring smile. "I was partly running away because of my father, after he divorced my mother. But, mostly it was because of what happen that night..."I continued, facing Nick again. "My father is after my mother because she has me. I don't know what he wants from me." I added.

"So, you are hiding from your father for your mother's sake?"Nick asked.

"Yes. They don't have that nice relationship when they were married..."I answered, and hissed at the memory.

"Your life is no joke...No wonder you're so..."Nick started but trailed off the thought as he looked at me.

For the rest of the night, we talked about my bitter life. I didn't get into detail about the night my brother died, how Nate died for me. I didn't tell him any names of who were involved and Adam didn't say anything about it too. He was mostly shocked about the real situation in my life. Though Adam was Nate's best friend since elementary, he never knew about the relationship inside our family. At first impression, it was a happy family. But, that was just a play, a mask to keep up appearances. My father is an ambitious man. He coveted power like it was his life source. But that power was never once his, it was only given to him by default.

After our long talk about my family, especially about my father, I called it a night. I was exhausted and my eyes were swollen from crying. Adam dropped off Nick back in the theater since he left his car there. Before Nick got to his car, he stood there watching us as we drove off, his face filled with sadness and sympathy. I found a new sort of respect for him since he now knew who I was. But, I was much scared of him now since he knew information that could destroy me. Yet, I told him everything without second thought.

Adam dropped me off at my apartment and we exchange numbers. I felt sort of relieved that I have someone to talk to who I don't have to lie about completely. He was like a brother to me since he was my brother's friend. But, sometimes, looking at him pains me. It was like looking at my brother and how he would have been if that night didn't happen.

The next day, I woke up exhausted from crying last night. The nightmare came back again. I knew about the consequence I would have if I talked about that night. I don't know how I am going to cope up with it now, but I got out of bed and face another day. This time I know it was going to be different since I have people who would be there for me.

I got to school as usual, but I was feeling a little scared to cross paths with Nick. I don't know what he would think of me now that he knows. And of all the people to know me, it had to be him.

"Morning!" a deep male voice said beside my locker as I was getting my things, making me jumped in surprise.

I closed my locker and looked at the person in question. "That's not funny, you know." I said, looking at Nick with annoyance.

He didn't look sad or sympathetic as he did yesterday. He was back to his old cocky and annoying self.

"You should be saying 'morning to you too' you know..."he stated with a teasing grin.

"Morning to you too, Nicholas..."I said sarcastically and turned around so he wouldn't see my amusement. That would only fuel with cocky self.

"Serious conversation yesterday..."Nick started but paused as he saw me stiffened at his works.

I turned and faced him. "Not a word, Nicholas... not a word."I said sternly, my face filled with anger and annoyance.

"Okay..." He agreed sheepishly, and acted like he was zipping his mouth and throwing away a key.

I smirked with amusement and turned around, walking towards my first class. I felt him walked behind me silently. I wanted to tell him to go away but he didn't anymore annoy me, so I let him be.

The rest of the day went smoothly than I hoped. Though Nick was still being his cocky self, I was somewhat used to it. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not, but as of this moment, it's good that we was being himself. Yesterday felt like a distant memory, like it was a dream rather than reality. But, I knew deep down that it was real, that my past wasn't just a dream. As I was eating lunch with the same people, my phone started buzzing non-stop. I got it out of my pocket and looked at the caller I.D. It was listed as unknown; but, my curiosity got hold of me so I answered it.

"Hello?" I said, as I pressed the green, answer button.

"How are you princess? You miss me?" a deep male voice asked in the other end of the line.

After that, I don't know what happen anymore. Everything went black and I was numbed to where I was. The nightmare I've been having for three years just turned into reality.

---

Hey my lovely readers.. this is it.. Chapter nine.. the start of your questions being answered...

James Walker is Nat's dad, Nate is Natalie's brother... But some things aren't yet clarified..

what do you think really happen that night? and why was James Walker after Natalie?

Tell me what you think.. comment away.. and Vote if you like this chapter, i would appreciate it..

*Check out the interview I had.. go to my page, it's found in my dedications.. Thanks.. :)

Til next chapter...

...Melon Diaries...