Random One Shot

for superchimchar 's dare, "write a one shot for a ship you hate." So i thought of the most repulsive character I could. I ended up with Jasper from Steven Universe (see picture). I purposely picked a bad picture of her, but believe me, she never really looks better. So this is a Jasper x Peridot fan fiction, and just clarifying, I hate this ship, I hate all ships with Jasper, I wish to harm her with a sledge hammer. Now feel free to continue reading! :D also the video has nothing to do with the story, but it's fun! Honestly it's okay cuz you're all gonna die! :D

***

Peridot P.O.V

I was trying to work as usual, but Jasper decided to be obnoxious and pace around loudly. "What are you clomping around for?" I growled.

"You're wasting my time." She stopped pacing, and I turned to see the cause. The amber gem was staring out the main window.

"Hey look, there it is." Earth. A fascinating world full of annoying little creatures called humans. Inferior. That's all they are.

Unlike Jasper, I had never been here. Long ago a parasite called Rose Quartz came and tried to stop some operation the Diamonds had here, it was called the Kindergarten. When I was little I read all about the war, how they would grow gems in the ground. How glad I am to have been assembled in a lab. Am I really?

"What's it like down there?" I asked absentmindedly.

"It's been thousands of years, it's so different from when I left it." She pointed to a long grey line winding around a dark green passage. "For starters, that wasn't there."

"What was the tech like back then?"

"Nothing like now. All sorts of buttons, no vocal commands." She elbowed me hard. "No machine-made gems, only Earth-grown. Like me."

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you proud of that again?"

"I was made to be tough. You're just a shell, nothing but energy inside. Your puny blasts would do nothing to me, a solid fighter."

"More like solid clod."

"Clod?"

"CLOD!"

We were quiet for a while after that. "You know you're right," I commented. "I was meant to be smart, not strong. That's why I need an escort."

I felt a large, orange hand pat my back. "You're okay. Now get ready to land this thing." Jasper walked away, her swishing cape making a more dramatic exit than necessary. 

I watched her exit until she was gone, then returned to the screen. "Clod..." I whispered, although I didn't really mean it.

***

wow that was ooc. sorry about that. have a nice day!

~Ava & the Gang