Chapter One - The Move

Song Recommendation: "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes

The Move

Bekka

Great.

The instant I woke up from countless nightmares, another nightmare formed. Catching my mother hovering over me like some sort of grim reaper ready to take my soul.

"Mom! What are you doing?" I sat up quickly and reached over for my lamp. Her face brightened and her eyes were focused on me as if I would disappear like a magic trick, right before her eyes. She kept giving me that look ever since... well the accident.

"Sorry honey, I was just thinking, how would you feel about moving?" She sat on the edge of my bed and was still giving me that look. I loved my mom, but sheesh, she was creeping me the hell out. Her brown hair was in those small rollers she would wear. A bright blue one was halfway out of place.

I immediately sat up and grabbed the chestnut curl, retwisting it and putting it around the roller.

"Oh, thank you." She replied, brushing her fingers against the roller.

"I would, but my bed is already cramped up as it is," I turned to see all my stuffed animals bunched up on top of each other. They seemed like they were also hiding from my mother's creepy gaze. Poor guys.

"No, not right now, I mean a change of scenery. This town is too small for us now. We need to fix that," she looked into my eyes and gently smiled.

I looked at my phone quickly to check the time. Holy sugarplums! It was 4:36AM. My mother was trying to give me a heart attack! "Um, sure mom. Change and all that, I wouldn't mind. Go for it."

"Great! We'll talk more about it in the morning," she said as she got up and left my room.

I sighed and fell back into bed. She was so worried that I wouldn't wake up from sleep. I mean she has been like this ever since. . . Ever since the accident, but still. I was okay. Nothing like that would happen ever again.

I never meant for that night to happen. I would take it all back if I could. But people have to learn from their mistakes, and I sure as hell learned from mine.

Wesley

Be home by midnight. I kept repeating those words in my head as every minute ticked by. After my fourth shot, they were jumbled and sound more like, 'bees moan in mid-flight'. Everything was all jumbled. There were no sentences anymore, just words. Everything made perfect sense, yet it was all confusing at the same time. Fewer people were around every hour and before I knew it, it was just me. I didn't know where I was, or how I got there, but all I knew is that I needed to get home.