Chapter Sixteen - Taunting Motives

Song Recommendation: "Death of a Bachelor" by Panic! At The Disco

Taunting Motives
Bekka

I huffed as I grabbed a new package of coffee beans and placed them in the highest cabinet. I glared at Wes, hoping he would see me have some trouble with the coffee beans. Craig chuckled from afar, drinking coffee.

A few weeks had passed since Ami's incident with her ex. She was living with me and Nelson now. I hadn't minded her sharing my room, it felt less lonely. I haven't felt happy like this in a long time. We were all busy lately with winter right around the corner, and a small break coming up for thanksgiving that was next week. I barely had any time to go to the café. Since it was Thursday, I only had a morning class and that's it. I took my free day as an opportunity to help out Craig. Wes has been far more busy than me, he's been going to some group meetings for his substance abuse and has been helping his sister around the house. He's excited to be an uncle, but also nervous as well. Who could blame him? A baby is something that you have to be extremely responsible for.

"Bekka, do you need some help?" Simon asked, resuming his usual spot.

I laughed and shook my head, "I'm good Simon. This is actually Wes' job, but he's too busy flirting with that girl."

I narrowed my eyes and glared at Wes again. He was leaning against the doorframe of the shop, talking to a pale skinned girl with black hair. She was beautiful and she looked really familiar. If memory serves right, he had a picture of her in his phone. She kept on moving closer to him, but his arms were folded with his soft grey eyes staring at her. It was obvious he cared for her.

A pang of jealousy shot through my chest. I sighed. It was no big surprise that I had feelings for Wes. That kiss. . . We still haven't discussed it. I've been delaying it, because well. . . I don't know if he feels the same. Plus, you have to care for yourself before you care for someone else. I was still dealing with some problems, so I had no space for a relationship. Wes seemed pretty hung up in his problems. He never wanted to discuss them with me. If he wasn't willing to share, then I wasn't willing to be in a relationship with him. Sure, he could open up whenever he felt like it--I wasn't going to force him--but still, I feel like I don't even know him.

Simon stared at me and sighed. "Bekka, he isn't flirting with her. That's his ex, Jazmyne. The one that cheated on him with Kai."

"Why is she here?" I sneered.

Simon shrugged. "She has a way of always being around Wes. It's no surprise she knows where he works."

Craig got up abruptly and strolled over to Wes and Jazmyne. He said something to Wes and he nodded. Jazmyne turned to me and sneered wickedly. She grabbed Wes and pulled him down, landing a sloppy kiss on his lips. She pushed him away and winked at me, leaving the shop.

My fists curled. That bitch! It seemed like she knew everything about me. She knew what would tick me off. I know nothing about her. I was going to find out from Wes, tonight. Wes backed up quickly and wiped his mouth. He shook his head.