Chapter Thirty - Sweet Tranquility

Song Recommendation: "Poison Oak" by Bright Eyes

Sweet Tranquility
Wesley

The next day, we had took the next flight out of Oklahoma.

She needed to leave that atmosphere. Being there would bring her back to everything she had lost. She needed to be in New York where she had a fresh new life. She couldn't just leave what she had already started. She had imprinted in my heart and I refuse to let her just stay in Oklahoma like she never exsisted. It took me a whole night to convince her, but I did which was all that mattered. She was back in my arms--not literally, but hopefully soon. Nelson chose to stay in Oklahoma--safe to say I wouldn't miss him. That chapter between Bekka and Nelson is officially closed. They both now have closure and they won't be contacting each other anytime soon. That gives me time to swoop in and try to fix us.

If there even was an us. Bekka was right, Jazmyne needed to be out of the picture. And I needed to work on that. If Jazzy had called me and said she needed me, I would be there in a blink of an eye. That isn't good. I needed to do something in order to fix that. I needed my own closure in order to start a new chapter with Bekka. I really want to be with her. Everything about her is special. From the way shesmiles at me when I say something stupid or when she awkwardly has no answer for the professors when they call on her. Her beautiful eyes. Those big amber orbs.

We needed to get to know each other on more of a mental and physical aspect. We needed time for us. To be alone. Sleeping over her house in Oklahoma was nice. Especially making breakfast. But that was two weeks ago. I want more moments like that. Unfortunately, it won't be easy. Especially since Ami is living with Bekka. Ami is pretty quiet and she keeps to herself, but Bekka goes out of her way to make sure she's okay. I don't mean to be rude or posessive or anything, but everytime we would had a few moments to each other, there was Bekka asking Ami if she wanted more batteries for her TV remote.

It was almost as if she was avoiding me. That's what it felt like. It's like she's scared to be alone with me. Did I fucked up that bad? Girls are so damn confusing. Like she never will tell me what she was forthright. It's frustrating. Sometimes I want to scream at her like 'do you want me or not?'

Recently, she's been with Ami and Ami's friends studying.

I understand the first semester was ending shortly and finals were hitting us full force, but we didn't even see each other in the halls or anything. She's been hitting those books, yet she can still find time for Kaiden. He's not even going to college! While I had my afternoon shift at the café, Kaiden stopped by looking for Bekka, but she had just ended her morning shift.

I just couldn't wait for spring break. Although it would be a while, since it was only January.

Finals would be over soon and then I could finally--finally have my time with Bekka. I would take her out on a proper date. I just needed to be patient. Firstly, I would need Jem or Oren to watch Grace while I was out. Grace recently has been hit with pregnancy brain and it's been pretty killer. She poured milk inside the Orange Juice container. I had to find that out the hard way. Which, trust me, that isn't pretty.